April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (GETTEMANS, Hugh Lomas, Marks_21), 415 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,090
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sven Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

FYI, I thought I'd share a scan of a page from an original spec sheet for the late 60s Daly Empire Grade side-by-sides. This is the gun produced for Daly by Beretta and is most similar to the GR-3s.

The brochure also shows a similar page for the OU grades including: Field, Superior, Superior Trap & Skeet, Hunter, Diamond Field-Skeet-Trap New Improved Model, and Diamond Regent Grade. If anyone wants to see those I can post as well.

The gun was my first, purchased new in September 1970 when I was 16. I recently ran across all the original documentation including sales receipt, manual, and 1967 brochure. Also still have the box and all the packing materials including a crumpled newspaper page from Il Sole (Milano) dated 16 Maggio (May) 1962.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting. Where it says barrels; chrome moly; does that mean chrome lined or chrome/moly steel composition?

I have a 16 guage 28" and have never seen another.

Externally, they look just like a GR3, but the GR has a selective trigger and ejectors; everything else the same. Yet, guys will advertise them as the same as a GR3.

Had a 20 ga and sold it; sure had second thoughts.

THANKS FOR THE POST.

Last edited by Patriot USA; 02/03/10 12:22 AM.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 12 ga GR3 and it's one of my favorite bird guns.

Sven Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In addition to the Daly Empire twenty, I have a 12 gauge GR-2 and it is my go to pheasant gun. I really like the double triggers, with the front being articulated. However the GR-2 has very plain wood compared to the Daly.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Since they were made by Beretta, I'm pretty sure the bores were chromed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 26" 20-ga. which has been restocked with very nice walnut sans checkering.

I bought it on a whim from a young lady at the trap range one evening. She was having trouble hitting trap targets with it (her ex-boy friend had given it to her - he probably couldn't hit trap targets with it either) and I convinced her to get a real trap gun. It was my first doublegun and started a multi-year obsession costing me untold (really UNtold) amounts of the kids' inheritance.

Somehow this gun seems to get more than its share of time in the woods each fall.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry, I think you are probably correct; Beretta has been making guns with chrome lining since the fifties. I think it was an option in the fifties though.
But I wonder if they did on contract guns.

Last edited by Patriot USA; 02/03/10 03:03 PM.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.