April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (ithaca1, susjwp, Jimmy W, CJ Dawe, Jem Finch), 1,181 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,843
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know it's not about doubles, but thought appropriate today. Scroll down as it plays.

http://home.comcast.net/~singingman7/TNOTW.htm

A HEARTY THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED!!!!!

Last edited by Patriot USA; 05/25/09 11:06 AM.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the link, well done. I second your thoughts on this sad yet joyful day. We will always remember those KIA or MIA who gave their all for our freedoms.

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recognition of ALL Vets is always appropriate-anywhere, anytime. Thanks!! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the very positive changes in this country in relatively recent years (at least post-Vietnam, which given my age seems relatively recent to me) is the general attitude towards those serving in the Armed Forces, and towards veterans. There was a time when "support the troops" was a far less popular sentiment.

I think most of those of us who served considered it both a duty and a privilege.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Publics also seem to recognize the difference of all supporting the troops but not all supporting their missions. Front page story in our national newspaper last week of a soldier criticizing Afghanistan strategy to another in mufti in Kandahar. The soldier was embarrasssed to discover he was addressing a general. "No problem," the general said later to a reporter, "our troops now are more intellectually engaged and that's a good thing" The soldier received the general's medallion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks to all who kept is safe and free yesterday and the WOT today.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Criticizing strategy is one thing. Soldiers have done that pretty much forever. ("What &*^%$ idiot thought up this operation anyhow?") Criticizing the mission--as in fighting the bad guys in Afghanistan--is a totally different issue. Montgomery didn't dream up the world's most brilliant operation in Market Garden, but I don't think there were too many soldiers--whether American, British, or Canadian--who thought we shouldn't be trying to defeat Nazi Germany.

However, in the case of Canada, it appears that criticism of the mission has reached the point of planning to withdraw Canadian troops entirely within a year or so.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My dad fought in both World Wars and there was never a question in his or my mind as to whether America should be involved or not. If he had lived to see 9/11 he would have been down to the reinlistment office that morning. I watched a program last night on PBS about the fourteen American Cemeteries in England and Europe and how much the people of those various countries revere our American Heroes interred there. We all need to pause and thank God for our great country and thank those who willingly gave "their last full measure of devotion" to it's cause.

Just My Humble Opinion.....George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.