Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
click Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hello everyone,

Im new here but have been an avid Double Rifle owner and user for many years. I am building a small machine shop in my pole barn specifically to build myself a few double rifles!

Im sure I will get a dozen people telling me that its propreitary and no one will give you that but I though I would ask.

I have no intent on becoming competition just a private builder. Does anyone know if there is a Blueprint or Design floating around for someone like me to learn from?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

JLN Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

good site and some folks here have actually built one.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=dblbuild

click Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Mike Harrell
good site and some folks here have actually built one.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=dblbuild

Quite the Pain in the A** to get membership to this one. I'm waiting on approval..

Boxlock
Boxlock

Click,

I designed and built this single shot (7x57R).

It took me a few years to gather the information I needed to design all the parts. I would be happy to share my drawings. Do you have a CAD program like autocad or similar?

click Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Bailey,

Thanks kindly for the offer of assistance and Knowledge. I would greatly appreciate any knowledge this forum may bless me with. I have a number of Doubles already and just have this bug to build one of my own. Now I understand this is no small endeavor but one can only learn if they try for themselves. My current Loves are. I would love to build a double in a similar caliber. Shh!! I wont be talking about costs either as my wife has no idea how much I spent on them

Krieghoff Classic .500 NE 3"
Krieghoff Classic .500/470 NE
Merkel SxS .470 NE Model 160A Side Lock w/ Ejectors

I have no programs as of yet but I am only about 6 weeks away from having my shop completely Finished. If you could recommend a program or software that would be appropriate do tell.

I'm not claiming to be a gun builder just someone who wants a rewarding hobby..

Please do send a few more photos of your weapon as I would love to admire and daydream of the day my talents would reach such a level.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.