March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, R. Glenz, journeymen, 1 invisible), 591 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,339
Posts543,414
Members14,386
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#110121 08/30/08 09:24 PM
EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen: Those of you who ordered the Special $99.95 Signed Limited Edition of my Parker Guns: Shooting Flying and the American Experience (Collector Books of Paducah KY, 2008), should have your book(s) in about 10 days. They are curently on a shipping dock at my publisher in KY. I am driving down Monday to pick up 250 Limited Editions first thing Tuesday to satisfy pre-publication orders. Autographed books should be in the mail next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (at the latest), and then it's up to the USPS.

If you ordered a $49.95 Trade Edition from Barnes & Nobel, Borders, or a gun show dealer or on the Internet, my publisher will drop ship these books to your seller starting next week. I have nothing to do with sales of the Trade Edition.

PLEASE, if you have moved since you placed your order for a $99.95 Special Signed Limited Edition, send me your new address via e-mail:

knightofthetrigger@yahoo.com

This has been a 5-year almost-full-time project come to fruition. I will be at the Vintage Cup in MD for sure, and there's an outside chance I'll be at the Orvis Cup in NY. Thank you all.

Ed Muderlak

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations on your most recent offering Ed! I'm looking forward to my signed limited edition with great anticipation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, I will try and order one of the trade edition here in England. I have your book, 'When Ducks Were Plenty' and enjoyed it immensely. It cleard up one of my mysteries as to what happened to the passenger pigeon. I'm always looking out for good books on American guns to add to my collection of reading matter. Lagopus.....

EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lagopus
Ed, I will try and order one of the trade edition here in England.

Thanks for your interest. And you will enjoy my chapter entitled "Apple Pie Versus Spotted Dick," which shows how the American experience with shooting flying was nurtured but often disparaged by your lords-of-the-manors' younger sons and remittance men who crossed the big pond to sport with their newly invented precussion scatterguns starting in the 1830s. We went our seperate ways after the Civil War as American makers got with the breechloader program in the late 1860s, Parker Brothers being first and foremost. Shooting flying in the UK came to be synonymous with driven birds, and Spotted Dick your iconic dessert; meanwhile, rough shooting continues to be as American as Apple Pie.

As to buying the Trade Edition my new book overseas, if you Google "Parker Guns: Shooting Flying and the American Experience Muderlak" you will find Internet dealers in Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Canada, and GB already taking orders for delivery soon:

Try this website: herewardbooks.com.uk

The $99.95USD Special Signed Limited Edition costs $9.80 to ship Priority Mail in the USA (I charge $7.50), and if after checking the Internet site you decide to order the faux Leather autographed Ltd. Ed., I think International Priority would be about $25USD. Given the value of the USD against the pound, both the $49.95 Trade Edition and $99.95 Limited Edition ought to be bargain basement prices compared with similiar gun books. I only sell the Special Signed Ltd Ed. and take PayPal at my e-mail address:

knightofthetrigger@yahoo.com Ed Muderlak

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Ed, I will get onto my local book Dealer; they are pretty good at sourcing my more obscure wants so this one should be easy for them with all the above information. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well boys, I just went down to Paducah with Ed to pick up the limited editions and they're stunning. He's going to start shipping first thing in the morning so everybody that bought one be on the lookout in the mailbox.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are they in the Barnes & Noble stores yet ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, looking forward to a new read. Tim

EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Are they in the Barnes & Noble stores yet ?

The $49.95 Trade Edition has been sold pre-publication (discounted, of course) by B&N and Borders, et al, and on Internet sites, Amazon.com, et al for going on 3 months. When Destry and I were in Paducah KY yesterday picking up the first print run of the Special Signed Limited Edition (which had arrived in KY from the printer in TN last Friday afternoon), the Trade Editions just arrived by another truck load (Tuesday). My publisher, Collector Books, now has to ship the Trade Ed's to the retail sellers, which will take a few days.

Meanwhile, I'm back home on the IL/WI stateline, signing and packaging up pre-sales of the Ltd Ed, which will start going out in batches by USPS this afternoon (all should be in the mail by Friday). This new book is oversize like The Parker Story, and weighs 3 lbs 14 ozs, a full half pound more that Parker Guns: The "Old Reliable." Whether one buys a Trade Edition from a big box store or on the internet discounted from the $49.95 cover price, or an autographed Limited Edition at $99.95 from yours truely...well, the book is a done deal; what a relief!

"SOCKS" (esso si keh es) It is what it is.

I'll take some pictures of the Limited Edition and put one up for Buy It Now on eBay so the finished product can be seen. The cover artwork of the Trade Edition is all over the Internet. I don't know how to put pictures on this website and I am blocked from the Parker website. If someone can help me out I'll be able to e-mail pictures by noon, but I don't have remote storage.

EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed: If you don't mind me asking. Why are you blocked from the Parker site? Is it because that you are selling your book? I ordered mine from you last yeat at the Parker/Vintager's & am reall looking forward to receiving it.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.