March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (dukxdog, SKB, Marc Ret, Argo44, LGF, Ian Forrester), 837 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#526329 10/17/18 10:21 PM
CMCol Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hi everyone. I am looking for some assistance. I purchased a used Luigi Franchi Model 2002 o/u 12 gauge. Since then I have been searching relentlessly to find any information on the internet but all I can find is a few photos. I am looking for a manual, some general history. Basically, anything I can read but either I am terrible at searching the internet or there is very little available. If anyone can point me to a website, place to get a manual or any experience with this model would be much appreciated. Also this is the first double I have owned with a single trigger and I don't know how to select the upper or lower barrel. Don't even know if after the first shot if it will automatically select the other barrel or if I manually have to push the button on the trigger. I am hoping this is not the case. This is always good to know before going to a trap club and looking really foolish. Thanks for any comments you may have or any direction anyone can point me to finding some reading materials.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is this what you have??

Franchi Alcione

http://www.pmulcahy.com/db_sb_shotguns/italian_db_sb_shotguns_franchi.htm

Importer-Benelli USA
17603 Indian Head Highway
Accokeek,MD 20607-2501
Tel: 301 283 6981
Fax: 301 283 6988
Web: www.benelliusa.com

If an inertial trigger:

As to the push button on the trigger, pushed to the left will fire the under barrel first, and then the recoil impulse will set the over barrel to fire next.

Pushing the button to the right will fire the over barrels first, etc

The second hammer is reset by the recoil from the first shot. To test this break the gun open then close it, pull the trigger then slap the recoil pad briskly simulating the recoil this should reset the hammer for the second shot.

Please let us know how this works for you

Mike

p.s. also found this
The Alcione’s barrel selector was located on the trigger, allowing the user to choose which barrel fires first without changing his grip. The safety was automatic. Mechanical triggers eliminated the need for the first barrel to fire before the second can be fired.

Last edited by skeettx; 10/17/18 11:17 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=7156019
Look at the link above this one is on offer et e-gun, this is a skeet gun. There was also a Franchi 3003. Both the 2002 and the 3003 are not related with the Alcione or Dragon. They are far more better.
Cheers, Marc.

CMCol Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

It is not an Alcione. However, your information about the trigger is exactly what I was looking for. I did receive another reply with the exact photo of the gun I purchased showing it marked as Franchi 2002.

Thanks.

CMCol Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Marc, The photos you linked are the exact gun. Not sure why it is not listed with the other guns like the Alcione but I got some help with the triggers. Thanks for the link.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.