Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So, you've just been outbid for Lord Mountbatten's Purdeys.
The anonymous phone bid has pulled the rug out from under you - you coulda been a player - it would have been a real Gunshop-bbs coup for you, with a topic like, "Got my Mountbatten Purdeys today" lots of pictures to follow guys.
Or! Would you?
Who are these guys who win at the vanity level?
Is there some secret bbs for them to post in?
I mean, how could you not tell!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 01/08/07 06:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You been in the Missouri Moonshine again ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think he's eating last years mushrooms again.

Lowell:

You know that mobile home park, the one just outside the boundaries of sprawling Glenthorne Manor? Whenever you notice an odd odor coming from that direction DON'T BREATHE THOSE FUMES!
<G>

Bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Purdey is hard to beat. One can trace roots of know how to good ole' John Twigg one of the first English gunmakers to make quality double on that island. The 'Ghost Value' is off the scale!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good question Mr. Glenthorne! Makes me wonder too sometimes. They must be a quite secretive group, because I never see posts like "Just got my royal .410ga pair from Lewis Drake today" or "What wood did you choose for your new Paradox gun?". Im sure we have some board members who would drop a 100k on a fine purdey or fabbri, but then again if I was spending money like that I guess I wouldnt be shouting to the world how rich I am. As far as being outbid by phone, well, maybe it was by a close "friend" of the auction house. When you know the right people, its amazing what you can accomplish. Tell you what, if I ever order a new Purdey hammer gun or the new H & H Paradox, Ill let you know, and Ill post pictures. Im afraid that by the time that I have enough money to even put a down payment on one of those, the internet and this fine bbs will be old technology and long forgotten! sigh, if I was only the son of a rich Texas oil barron. I could have all the high grades of all the fine makers

Last edited by CMWill; 01/08/07 07:41 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Does this mean my meager accumulation of Sterlingworth's, NID's, and Nitro Specials don't qualify for snob appeal? Egads, somebody gimme the moonshine jug please.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You gotta wonder - Lewis Drake has had sold signs on some pretty fab guns over the years.....and yet!
Big auctions of important guns come and go....and yet!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thornman,
You know the game is rigged in every way, always has been. There are special keys and phone #'s for everything. Problem is with the above you must also have the gelt as not everything in Inside World is a bargain...just more accessible. Be content knowing you lack the credentials. It's not all scotch and cigars there either.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hansli, hearsay, or been there?
...if its the latter, pray tell us more about the inner workings of the high end gun buyer.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.