March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (dukxdog, Ian Forrester, Perry M. Kissam, Roundsworth, GSPWillie, 1 invisible), 328 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Brady Brothers of England Trunk Style Gun Case. arrieta2 03/21/24 08:49 PM
I will check on that
Can supply hacksaw blade if needed

John
4 355 Read More
Re: Brady Brothers of England Trunk Style Gun Case. Gerry Addison 03/21/24 08:43 PM
Hello John, you couldn't squeeze 27 inch barrels in it could you?
4 355 Read More
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Hunting with the 9.3x57R/360 Der Ami 03/21/24 08:32 PM
Hoot,
Good luck, I have confidence in you.
Mike
20 391 Read More
Re: O/U - Bockbüchsflinte Rifle Caliber Question Utah Shotgunner 03/21/24 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Der Ami
Mike,
Actually, it one of the above. It is the 6.5x48R. This cartridge is almost as powerful as the 6.5x58R but you can make cases from much easier to find 30-30 cases vs original length 38-55. Bullets, however, may still be 0.260 or 0.261", as in the 58mm case.
Mike

Look at that!
I read past '48', concentrating too much on the various 50s.
Had to "Control F" to find it. whistle
16 467 Read More
Re: O/U - Bockbüchsflinte Rifle Caliber Question Der Ami 03/21/24 07:59 PM
Mike,
Actually, it one of the above. It is the 6.5x48R. This cartridge is almost as powerful as the 6.5x58R but you can make cases from much easier to find 30-30 cases vs original length 38-55. Bullets, however, may still be 0.260 or 0.261", as in the 58mm case.
Mike
16 467 Read More
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Custom Parker GH gunmaker 03/21/24 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by PALUNC
Who did the sleeving?

I did the sleeving and stock work.
13 811 Read More
Re: Leather-faced recoil pads eeb 03/21/24 07:39 PM
Are you sure your LOP is not too long?
10 666 Read More
Re: Custom Parker GH PALUNC 03/21/24 07:23 PM
Who did the sleeving?
13 811 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Johnson Automatics barrels Utah Shotgunner 03/21/24 07:08 PM
Chamber cast confirmed that the rifle with a "The Rex Sha-Cut" muzzle brake is a .264WinMag.

Top in pic is the .264WinMag
Middle is the 30-06
Bottom is .257 Roberts

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The .30-06 is a project that is almost complete.
I was planning to part it out, but the barrel is near perfect and getting a profile turned this light is getting harder to do

Came to me missing the action. Bottom metal w/ triggers, stock and barrel were what I purchased.
Barrel is not original to the stock, so I am completing a project someone else started.
Bolt came from a third rifle.

.257Rob is obviously a long term project, again started by someone else.
Action is (I believe) a 1903 Turkish Mauser with the front ring turned down to small ring dimensions.
They took it even further and lightened the side rail like a G.33/40. My metal 'smith installed the barrel and made lightening cuts below the wood line, again like a G.33/40
With the light profile of the barrel, this will make for a very trim rifle.....if I ever finish it.

Finally, the muzzle brake on the .264WinMag
I had to remove the brake as this rifle has been sitting a LONG time. The inside of the brake was full of spider webs, dust, grime and other stuff.
Brushes, patches and even compressed air couldn't get it all out. I'm sure the first shot would have cleared it laugh but that seemed to be asking for trouble. wink

And that is my addition to a thread that Google led me to find on a forum I first read 25+ years ago.
24 6,484 Read More
Re: Lead ban in Minnesota? Jimmy W 03/21/24 06:55 PM
Have a great day!
245 7,235 Read More
Re: O/U - Bockbüchsflinte Rifle Caliber Question Utah Shotgunner 03/21/24 06:45 PM
And the winner is?

None of the above!
Even with the cast filed flat to have a very thick "rim" the case is approx. 49mm in length

1.932"

16 467 Read More
Re: Brady Brothers of England Trunk Style Gun Case. casemaker 03/21/24 06:33 PM
Hi John.

I sent a note to your email address.

Tim
4 355 Read More
Re: Hunting with the 9.3x57R/360 Hoot4570 03/21/24 06:28 PM
Thank you Mike. About what I was thinking but I wanted to get a bit of confirmation. Where we hunt, 150 yards is VERY optimistic...even if my vision were up to it (which it's not). A couple of clearings one may see 100 yards or so but most of our shots are 50-ish. I would feel pretty comfortable there.

Cheers!
20 391 Read More
Re: Leather-faced recoil pads Gunning Bird 03/21/24 06:19 PM
Kick Eez used to make some stuff called Slick Eez that would take care of the problem you describe. However, it appears Slick Eez is no longer available.

Some folks have had good results applying Armor All to their pads.

Cole's carries a replacement pad (Cervellati) that is not supposed to stick but that might not be very appealing unless you wanted to replace pads.
10 666 Read More
Re: Leather-faced recoil pads eightbore 03/21/24 06:13 PM
Go to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or thrift store and buy an old leather purse. It will give you leather for several pads. I also save my old leather wallets. Barges is what you use for glue. At least, that is what I'm told.
10 666 Read More
Brady Brothers of England Trunk Style Gun Case. arrieta2 03/21/24 06:05 PM
Brady Brothers of England Trunk Style Gun Case. Model #6, Canvas & Leather. Brand New. For 12 ga. Brady was a major English case maker for many of the finest guns companies in England. Brady was a top of the line case maker. This is a brake down case for a sbs with barrels to 26" It might take an o/u I would have to see. The exterior is a green canvas with real leather trim. Inside is lined in a maroon billiard cloth. You have a fitting for a cleaning rod and an accessory compartment for what nots. The case has a solid brass lock with the key. The case has leather case straps that have never been installed. This case is brand new! Its a first quality case. English made cases have always been more expensive and there is a reason for that. Yes, you can buy a case made in India, Mexico or China for less money, but there is a difference. You could also buy a rat of a worn out English case and spend big money getting it to be serviceable. Remember this case in new. Now for the price, $495. John Boyd, Arrieta

I do not have a picture hosting website site so contact me for the pictures and I will be happy to send them to you

Arrieta2@sbcglobal.net or private message
4 355 Read More
Re: O/U - Bockbüchsflinte Rifle Caliber Question Utah Shotgunner 03/21/24 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Der Ami
Utah Shotgunner,
I suggest, then, if you have factory 25-35 ammo try to chamber one in the rifle. If it stops considerably short of chambering, it is likely a 6.5x58R or 6.5x48R( this is where judgement is required, depending on how much it lacks chambering). If it chambers completely, or only the rim interferes, then it is likely 6.5x52R. If it will not chamber past the shoulder, it might be the rare 6.5x70R.

Mike
Mike,

I understood the usefulness of 25-35 ammo in this instance. I commented about it, as I traded away all of my 25-35 ammo a couple of weeks ago.
Went to a friend and I could access it, but he is an hour drive.

Chamber cast it will be.
16 467 Read More
Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers Argo44 03/21/24 04:20 PM
UK Archives forwarded copies of the 25 November 1911 incorporation of EM Reilly & Co. into a Limited Liability company and the bankruptcy documents from June 8, 1912. It was hoped that these documents would include an inventory of Reilly properties and assets at the time. Instead there is nothing but legalese.

However, three historical bits can be discerned from them:

1) Herbert Reilly in 1911 had no partners in the business. When the company became Ltd., George Watkinson Roberts, accountant and bankruptcy lawyer, became a partner. It was evident that by autumn 1911 Herbert Reilly knew bankruptcy was coming and positioned the company to protect his private assets.

2) When bankruptcy was declared all the assets went to Roberts to dispose of. This is probably why Reilly made a great effort to sell off all his remaining guns in 1911. In the serial number chart as currently configured some 60+ guns were numbered and sold in 1911 - 4 times the number sold in 1910.

3) IGC history (which was not a bad original effort before the internet - and which stated Reilly made his own guns) commented that Reilly might have leased and moved to 13 High Street, Marylebone fall 1911 before the incorporation of EM Reilly & C0.. These documents mention nothing of this and it is evident Reilly remained at 295 Oxford Street until bankruptcy. 295 was leased to a hat maker in autumn 1912.
(It is possible that Reilly leased the Marylebone building before declaring bankruptcy and moved some of his machinery there; creditors would have been left essentially with an empty building in such a case. So far no way to investigate this possibility has been found).

Edit: I've written Archives asking if there is anyway to find out what was sold out of 295 Oxford Street to satisfy the creditors - assuming the G. Watkinson Roberts would have handled this.

Here are a couple of the documents for the record:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
966 1,762,403 Read More
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.