April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 207 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,760
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Upland 28 04/11/24 06:36 PM
Thanks. whoever did it did a great job, I have an idea, but who knows.

Sorry, my first post was meant for somebody else
44 2,130 Read More
Re: OT- New Colorado DOW commission craigd 04/11/24 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by rocky mtn bill
….Your brainwashing is now complete. You have been made to fear any position not your master's. Strap on your golden sneakers, clutch your Trump Bible and run like hell for the hills. Living in a cave might not be all comfort, but it will get you out of the cesspool of liberalism.

How’s that working out for you Bill? That cesspool flowed uphill, into the mighty Rockys, huh Bill? Make sure you volunteer to house a few of those fentanyl junkies that’re dying on a street corner near you.
137 5,614 Read More
Re: Cashmores Drew Hause 04/11/24 05:58 PM
12 1,029 Read More
Re: OT- New Colorado DOW commission keith 04/11/24 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by rocky mtn bill
Keith, Your brainwashing is now complete. You have been made to fear any position not your master's. Strap on your golden sneakers, clutch your Trump Bible and run like hell for the hills. Living in a cave might not be all comfort, but it will get you out of the cesspool of liberalism.

Billy, your response is both predictable and pathetic.

Let's talk about what Brainwashing really is...

Being Brainwashed is when you Billy, were gloating about how certain you were that Trump would be indicted by the results of the Mueller Investigation into alleged Russian collusion. You even bragged about the "It's Mueller Time!" tee shirt you proudly wore. Now even Liberal Left News Media has acknowledged that it was a FALSE claim based on a fake dossier that was paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign. That Democrat lie led to an illegal use of the FISA Court to illegally spy on Trump and his associates. The "whistleblowers" that Adam Schiff swore he would produce to provide evidence were never produced... because they were fictional, and he was lying.

Being Brainwashed is hysterically claiming that Trump must have cheated on his income taxes, because he refused to show his personal tax records. Nevermind that Obama never produced his educational records. You were sure Trump was a tax cheat. Then a Liberal Left IRS employee illegally leaked Trumps income tax forms to the Liberal Media... and they combed through them and found NOTHING WRONG. Even a complete idiot should have been able to see that because he had been audited by the IRS numerous times. Yet you Libtards say nothing about Hunter and Ashley Biden not filing income taxes for years, or anything about Hunter claiming expenses for prostitutes as a business expense.

Being Brainwashed is blindly supporting Joe Biden's relentless assault on the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens, and then ignoring him using his DOJ to keep Hunter from being charged or convicted of his crime of lying about his drug addiction on a Federal FFL Form 4473 when he bought his handgun.

Being Brainwashed is believing the lies by Democrat lies told by over 50 Liberal Left Intelligence officers who, just before the 2020 Election, said that Hunter Bidens laptop was nothing but Russian disinformation. There's another Democrat lie that has also been acknowledged by the Liberal Left Media. Even the drug addled criminal Hunter Biden himself has admitted it was his, and filed a lawsuit against the owner of the repair shop who provided it after Hunted abandoned it, and the contents of his criminal activity.

Being Brainwashed is when you Liberals claim Trump is guilty of sexual assaults and rapes, but brushing aside the claims that Biden raped Tara Reade. Or how about ignoring the entries in Ashley Biden's diary that she was sexualized at an early age by "inappropriate showers with her father" Joe Biden. If Trump's daughter ever said the same thing you Brainwashed Liberals would also be charging him as a pedophile... but your Cult Leader gets a total pass from all of you.

Being Brainwashed is your complicit silence about the illegal invasion and obstruction of justice that prohibits the U.S. Border Patrol and Immigration and Naturalization from doing their job, as millions of Illegal Aliens flow across out Southern Border. Being Brainwashed is how you all wring your little hands when some nutcase kills a handful of people in a mass shooting, yet you all totally ignore how the same violation of our Border Laws is bringing in tons of drugs, and drug overdose deaths have exploded to well over 100,000 people every years since Biden took Executive Action to dismantle Trump's Border Policy, to halt construction of the Border Wall, and to actually weld gates in the wall in an open position.

Being Brainwashed is claiming Trump is a dangerous warmonger, while ignoring that he wiped out ISIS, kept North Korea in check, and kept Putin from further attacks on the Ukraine... which started because of disastrous Foreign Policy blunders that led to Putin taking Crimea and the Dombass region. Being Brainwashed is being willing to support Biden's and his handler's bonehead moves that led to the current and costly Ukraine war. It was idiots like Biden, Obama, Anthony Blinken, Valerie Jarrett, etc. that pushed for the unnecessary expansion of NATO... which we had promised Putin would not happen. Your guys broke that pledge and crossed Putin's Red Line, and now we are seeing NATO burning through its' resources. We are seeing Biden's sanctions that largely failed, and threaten a dangerous scenario where the BRICS Nations successfully replace the U.S. Dollar as the standard world reserve currency. That would make the rampant Biden Inflation we have seen seem like a minor thing.

Being Brainwashed is standing by like stupid Democrat Sheep while Biden flip flops on support for Israel after the brutal Hamas attack... an attack that never would have happened if Biden didn't remove Trump's sanctions on Iran. You all praise this backstabbing idiot Biden, who repeatedly calls for Israel to stand down, and can't bring himself to even mention that Hamas brought this war upon themselves by attacking, killing, raping and kidnapping thousands of Israelis. He is supporting Hamas barbarians who gouged peoples eyes out and put babies in oven to burn alive while raping their mothers as the babies screamed in pain. Biden is doing this to appease pro-Palestinian protesters who are chanting "Death to Israel--- Death to America". You fools who think the Jan. 6th protest was an Insurrection are silent about these Muslim Palestinian supporters who hate us... because you all are afraid it may cost Biden votes in Muslim towns in Michigan and elsewhere.

Being Brainwashed is when you refuse to criticize the insanity of the Afghanistan Withdrawal, the abandonment of U.S. citizens, and leaving behind over $80 Billion worth of advanced weapons that are being used by Taliban and Muslim terrorists, and are even being sold to the Mexican Drug Cartels in their war on the U.S.

Being Brainwashed is ignoring the long history of extreme racism by Democrat politicians, their lynchings and resistance to desegregation, their support and membership in the KKK, their refusal to support all three Civil Rights Acts, their refusal to vote in favor of giving women the right to vote, and their recent stance against Illegal Immigration. I've given you lots of proof in the past, and you always run from it, and try to change the subject like a good little Democrat soldier. Democrats will say and do anything to hide their past and their true agenda. And Brainwashed cultists like you gladly help them.

Being Brainwashed is your refusal to acknowledge or criticize how Biden and Merrick Garland have weaponized the Justice System to attack Trump and Conservatives, while ignoring crimes committed by Democrats. Trump aide Peter Navarro was ordered to prison March 19 for defying House Jan. 6 panel subpoena. Merrick Garland and Hunter Biden are in defiance of Congressional subpoenas, but have not been charged. How is that OK with you? Obama aide David Simas also defied a Congressional subpoena, and Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt of Congress for his refusal to testify. But you Brainwashed cultists will insist that there is no double standard of Justice under Democrat rule.

Being Brainwashed is having the innate ability to refuse to believe there was widespread 2020 Election Fraud... and even being in denial of video evidence and many actual convictions for illegally rigging the election to help Democrats.

Being Brainwashed is seeing massive homeless tent cities filled with drug addicts, and walking carefully to avoid stepping in human feces on the sidewalks of Democrat controlled cities like San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc., and saying with a straight face that this is the path Americans should choose.

There is so much more of this shit Billy... but none of it means a thing to you and Biden's other Brainwashed cultists. You will keep on supporting this senile anti-gun criminal, along with Obama and his other puppet-masters. You are a deluded Liberal Left sock-puppet who will keep spreading Democrat lies until your last breath. If anyone needs a Trump Bible, it is Godless people like you who hate Trump so badly that you will totally ignore criminal incompetence, even if it totally destroys the United States.

The good news is that if Russia, North Korea, China, and Iran attack us with nukes, you, Al Gore, the Nutty Professor, and Jimmy W won't have to worry about atmospheric CO2 levels anymore.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
137 5,614 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Upland 28 04/11/24 05:44 PM
My point was that I told Gary I collected based on originality. The more original the gun, the more I was interested. He assured me that the gun was all original, except for the barrels might have been refinished. He lied about the gun.
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Upland 28 04/11/24 05:43 PM
Try this

https://www.eldreds.com/auction-lot/*-j.p.-sauer-sohn-side-by-side-shotgun-early-20_CA8418CA75
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Upland 28 04/11/24 05:41 PM
You should be able to copy it and paste it in your browser
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Heavy 12s and light 12s, all you'll ever need. Lloyd3 04/11/24 04:27 PM
Mr. Roberts: I completely understand about the beauty of a slim, light and long sub-gauge gun. They ARE quite attractive! My brother shoots a Scottish 20 (a Graham BLNE) that I talked him into (many years ago now) and he absolutely loves it (and he does allright with it...perhaps more good than great). I've had several 20-gauge guns over the years and while I loved how they looked and carried, I didn't like their lethality on game. Now...that's probably all on me (and my many failures as a shotgunner), but no-matter as I am primarily interested in two things when I go afield...filling my bag when hunting and then achieving only "clean kills". I like everything about a good day afield (& look-forward to it all winter and summer long) but...there must be a reasonable chance at success (at least as I define it). A good 12 (& possibly an exceptional 16) seems to better serve those ends for me.

12boreman: I've never had the luxury of shooting or hunting a "fine" short 10, so I'm still open there to argument. I've seen several over the years that I was quite impressed with, but I've never gone further than that with one. The ammo challenges are even greater than the 16-gauge issues I mentioned earlier here and clearly limit them for the vast cross-section of gun folks.

KY John: I own and use archaic guns as well, and for exactly the reasons you articulated earlier here so-adroitly. They are not "efficient" in any modern sense, but they are "art" to my eyes and I love how they feel in my hands.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
42 1,738 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms eightbore 04/11/24 03:51 PM
Do we consider $15,500.00 an appropriate price for this Sauer, refinished or high condition original?
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms AGS 04/11/24 03:47 PM
I have purchased only one gun from Osprey but it was an enjoyable experience. I saw the ad for a pretty rare 1872 gun, contacted them and we exchanged correspondence for several days about the gun and then about the price. It was a rare (and offbeat) gun in supposedly mint condition and priced accordingly. The price was kind of hard to pin down due to nature of the gun. Some people may have been unsatisfied, but to each his own. I finally got the gun for about 20% off the listing. Delivery was quick and I was completely happy with the purchase. I have shown it to several really knowledgeable collectors and all were amazed at the condition of the untouched gun.

That said, the person was not the one listed in the OP. I don't recall the gentleman I worked with, but it was certainly not the above individual. At the time time I was told there were a few individuals working there. It may unfortunately have been the luck of the draw.

I looked at both the listings and, to be honest, I would never had considered either one at the prices listed. Not my focus, but I do own several Sauers and Daly's and am basing my statement on my own shopping and buying experiences. Again, to each his own.
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms battle 04/11/24 02:49 PM
NM.
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms FallCreekFan 04/11/24 02:45 PM
I’m sorry for your experience.

It’s not clear to me. Did he refund your money?
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms canvasback 04/11/24 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by ed good
this thread is inappropriate and should be taken down...

Absolutely laughable Ed.

Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons for thinking it is inappropriate and should be censored?
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Heavy 12s and light 12s, all you'll ever need. Chantry 04/11/24 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by KY Jon
Originally Posted by Chantry
Originally Posted by KY Jon
I do not want to be logical about guns. I want enjoyment, enlightenment, a feeling of connection with craftsman and long dead owners. Need. Use. Efficient. Those things do not enter into the equation. If the did I’d be shooting a SBE3, camo, covered in the latest digital camo. I use archaic guns deliberately. I use tools which require me to excel to get the job done well. And I enjoy things made 75, 100 to 150 years ago which still do their job.

You sum it up far better than I could ever manage.

I'd much rather shoot skeet with an underlever hammered SxS and drop 5 or 6 birds than go straight with O/U or semi-auto. Besides it's fun to give the other shooters a hard time when their semi-auto jams or the inertia trigger on their O/U doesn't reset. grin

I have done both. I once ran a hundred with a Mossberg 500, on a bet, at a registered shoot. It was a nasty, windy and rainy day and I had the lone 100 straight. Many "top" shooters went home early so they did not ruin their averages. I understand that because one bad day could cost them a chance at state or nation honors. I just wanted to shoot and hunted in much worse weather.

I also have run hundred straight and been in shoot offs against shooters who I had no chance of beating under most circumstances. I went anyways and got beat most of the times, but had fun. Now I no longer want to shoot competition anymore. I would rather shoot a round of skeet with a new shooter than a All American. For one it is still fun and the other it is just another day at work. I can not beat the pros but I can share a sport I enjoy with a newcomer and make it easier for him to have some success and enjoyment. And speaking of those hammer guns everyone I shoot with all get a chance to shoot mine if they ask. I always bring extra ammo and give it to them so they too can enjoy these old guns. If I do not give them a chance to shoot a hammer gun, many never will shoot one and miss the hammer gun bug.

I try to let shooters try my old guns as well, both the hammer guns and a few side locks as well. They all appreciate it and are usually surprised how light the guns are compared to their O/U and semi-autos. I've even managed to get some of them to either buy a SxS or drag them out from the back of their safes, although none of them have gone far enough down the path to the pre 1900 SxS's like I and the others here have.
42 1,738 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Jimmy W 04/11/24 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by arrieta2
What was the tip off that gave it away that all those items were done?

John
Arrieta

That's what I'd like to know.🤨 You said it was brought to your attention. Did someone tell you about it?
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Bob Cash 04/11/24 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by ed good
Feel the noose tightening ed?

The thing I find most surprising is how willing a dealer is to soil their reputation
or throw away a long time business relationship for a few bucks in their pocket today.

"The Nutmeg State". An interesting historical anecdote. Oh well, if the shoe fits...
44 2,130 Read More
Re: 1868 Reilly Percussion Pigeon Gun SKB 04/11/24 01:44 PM
That one is likely worth having it looked over by someone who knows how to evaluate vintage British sporting arms. Yes, his pictures suck and he does not seem to be very informed, but the gun itself looks worthy of more investigation.
7 476 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms KDGJ 04/11/24 01:39 PM
You can copy and paste the original textl in your browser or use this link.

Jpsauer

Ken
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms arrieta2 04/11/24 01:33 PM
no pictures

John
Arrieta
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms obsessed-with-doubles 04/11/24 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear this. Pretty brazen.

I want to know who refinished the gun ...

OWD
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms Jimmy W 04/11/24 01:32 PM
I think it is good to hear this. I might see him at a gun show. But, let's hear the whole story. I think that he has a right to tell it.
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms arrieta2 04/11/24 01:28 PM
nothing to see
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms KY Jon 04/11/24 01:14 PM
No Ed, this should stay up. It is honest information about a clearly deceptive listing. It can be clearly documented that gun was refinished and that was not in the description or answered correctly when a direct question was asked to the dealer. And any dealer who has been dealing in high grade guns as long as he has knows. He may decide to ignore or pretend but he knows. Would be interesting to know who the winning bidder was. I am not saying this dealer was the auction buyer but who knows.

I do know high end dealers, who would have very little problem showing you if a gun has been restored. If the blue under the fore end is even in color with the rest I think refinish. Wear in hidden places is expected. If the stock and metal gun has zero dents, nicks or scratches after 50-100 years I think refinish. If edges are not crisp I think refinish. If it looks too good then I become much more careful. Still this is a beautiful gun and one I would be happy to own and shoot. Guns are just not investments, they are to be used and enjoyed in my lifetime.

Eightbore, you can cut and paste the line for a quick search. Came right up for me that way.
44 2,130 Read More
Re: Beware of dealing with Gary Downey at Osprey Arms ed good 04/11/24 12:17 PM
44 2,130 Read More
Re: 1868 Reilly Percussion Pigeon Gun eightbore 04/11/24 11:50 AM
I asked for pictures of the bottom of the barrels. All I got was a picture of the tip of the ramrod that I had already seen. I give up. He is not going to give me what I asked for. He is not taking new pictures. He is rerunning pictures he has already shown. He is selling a drilling that he describes as a 16 gauge with no mention of the rifle barrel. I don't think he is someone I would like to deal with.
7 476 Read More
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.