April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
13 registered (Drew Hause, dmccorki, fuhrmann, Brian, doublenut, 1 invisible), 115 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13075 Members
9 Forums
30094 Topics
399300 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 08:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Stripping a forend with a bone tip by ed good @ 7 minutes 12 seconds ago

piper: i see no evidence of peening or not peening...that is my point...none of us knows much about this gun...to claim otherwise is fantasy... the facts are, i see what is perhaps an early parker trojan with rib extension...and it appears to be a w
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by Daryl Hallquist @ 13 minutes 17 seconds ago

The particular shape of the crown is seen in Danish proofmarks.
Jump to new posts Re: The Square Load by Shotgunjones @ 19 minutes 22 seconds ago

It's quite simple craigd. It never seems to happen to those who shoot after shoot, year after year, are at the top of the leader board. The one pellet break requirement for a perfect score is simply an attempt to explain a flawed analysis. I can't
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by Stallones @ 29 minutes 53 seconds ago

I have looked from Russia to Denmark AND EVERY OTHER etc and find nothing, not Italia or Espana either. Mystery
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by skeettx @ 39 minutes 36 seconds ago

OK, please look VERY closely on the upper rib of the gun for any markings, Thank you This is interesting Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Remington 1882 10 gauge hammer gun by ed good @ 41 minutes 40 seconds ago

back in the early eighties, i visited jeff city several times on business...have fond memories of the countryside and the fine, gracious people i met there... you and the family are very fortunate to possess such a fine piece of land... looking for
Jump to new posts Re: Stripping a forend with a bone tip by 2-piper @ 48 minutes 21 seconds ago

Well obviously something has been done to it unless it was totally shabbily built. Look at the gap where the extension fits into the cut in the frame. Of course I suppose someone could have taken a big coarse file to it & flattened the rear, But
Jump to new posts Re: The Square Load by craigd @ 49 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane....with the random nature of shotgun shot swarms and a total lack of some methodology to present a cogent and consistent representation of the event in action I will be forced to retain my opinion that holes do no
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by ed good @ Today at 01:37 PM

barrel wall measuring can be tricky...to be super safe, suggest you find a gunsmith with the proper tools and knowledge to confirm that this old gun is a safe shooter with modern ammo...thanks for bringing us something we have not seen before...
Jump to new posts Re: Remington 1882 10 gauge hammer gun by Bibbyman @ Today at 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ed goodwhen you speak of the river, which one? and i too have forsaken ties and suit jackets...in the winter, i am in va in shorts and tee shirt...and in the summer i am in nh in much the same attire... thanks again for the vi
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by Longwalker @ Today at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ed good.suggest you have the barrel walls measured in front of the chambers and 7 to 9 inches down from the muzzles. so long as you have at least 90 thousands of barrel wall in front of the chambers and 30 thousands down from th
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by Longwalker @ Today at 01:28 PM

someone on another forum said the rampant lion was a pre-1926 Brescia Italy mark. Seem possible?
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by lagopus @ Today at 01:25 PM

That one has got me too. All my books only list marks applicable to the C.I.P. (Permanent International Commission for the Proof of Small Arms). So that rules out Germany, Austria, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Hungary, Yugoslav, (the usual suspe
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by Stallones @ Today at 01:17 PM

I FOUND NOTHING IN THE"STANDARD DIRECTORY OF PROOF MARKS" BOOK
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by ed good @ Today at 12:59 PM

what you have is a very nice germanic style hammer gun...the markings are unknown to me as well...you are in the right place though to find more about this fine gun...suggest you have the barrel walls measured in front of the chambers and 7 to 9 inch
Jump to new posts Re: What do I have here? expert advice needed by skeettx @ Today at 12:57 PM

Hello Longwalker Welcome on your first posting I am looking through my proofmark info, nothing yet Again, welcome Mike
Jump to new posts What do I have here? expert advice needed by Longwalker @ Today at 12:41 PM

My first post on this forum, I'm looking forward to participating! And I need some advice. This nice old European shotgun followed me home from the Calgary gun show. I'd like to know more about it. All I know is that the 16 ga. barrels are German Kr
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Americase premium grade 2 gun case by OH Osthaus @ Today at 12:18 PM

for delivery at the southern aluminum case with black inserts black velvet interior - one side is for a side by side – the other will fit either a SxS or an over under the barrel channel measures 36” – I think they advertise it for 34” – but I c
Jump to new posts Re: What is going on with this Purdey by John Roberts @ Today at 11:49 AM

Actually, I'm sure he just put one too many zeros in the price, lol. $2250 would be about right. JR
Jump to new posts Re: Remington 1882 10 gauge hammer gun by ed good @ Today at 11:46 AM

when you speak of the river, which one? and i too have forsaken ties and suit jackets...in the winter, i am in va in shorts and tee shirt...and in the summer i am in nh in much the same attire... thanks again for the videos...
Jump to new posts Re: Remington 1882 10 gauge hammer gun by Bibbyman @ Today at 11:27 AM

Just north of the river. Hillbillies live on the south side. I had a job that for many years required me to wear a jacket and tie. Then later they eased the dress code to dress shirt, slacks and tie. Then to "casual Friday" where you
Jump to new posts Re: Stripping a forend with a bone tip by ed good @ Today at 11:03 AM

and drew, what has really become pitiful here is your effort to create reality out of fantasy... you post images here of unknown origin, then make unsubstantiated negative assumptions and accusations and then demand that i explain and confirm your f
Jump to new posts Re: The Square Load by Wonko the Sane @ Today at 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: L. BrownOriginally Posted By: Wonko the Sane There is no "hole" for the target to fly in in 3 dimensions in a dynamic situation. But it is a traditional excuse that has some real use level so it cannot be discredit
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: LC Smith safety adjustment by B. Graham @ Today at 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: mcyou haven't taken the stock off or taken a look or cleaned the safety on the tang? I have. The gun was completely stripped down, which was good because it was evidently been submerged at some point, and left to rust. What I
Jump to new posts Re: Stripping a forend with a bone tip by ed good @ Today at 10:50 AM

piper, you too seem to have embraced a fantasy here...how do you know the rib extension has been peened?
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.