October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13225 Members
9 Forums
30698 Topics
411317 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 08:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Originally Posted By: ed goodkeet: this thread has inspired a new name for you...crud head... That is just mean-spirited and totally uncivil Ed. I hope a flock of crows that are infected with West Nile Virus crap on your head.
Jump to new posts Re: OT-another American pastime at risk? by treblig1958 @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

I'll draw that line right there as I couldn't and wouldn't hunt with anyone who doesn't have reverence for that flag.
Jump to new posts Re: OT-another American pastime at risk? by keith @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Actually Miller, I did not state that the Democrats started the Civil War on pg. 2 of this thread. What I did do was to post some information I found entitled " A Brief History of the Relationship Between the Democrat Party and African-Americans
Jump to new posts Re: Shipping a cased 2-barrel sxs help by ed good @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

lettuce...now dats clever...
Jump to new posts Re: Unturned screws ........... just how sure are you? by ed good @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

keet: this thread has inspired a new name for you...crud head...
Jump to new posts Re: Unturned screws ........... just how sure are you? by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

I make it a point to turn most of the screws on my guns, just often enough to cover the maintenance intervals. Haven't wrecked one since I was about 17. That said, I own a few guns with less than perfect screws. If the gun is useful, and functions as
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by treblig1958 @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

That is some thick brush. Debilitatingly thick.
Jump to new posts Re: OT-another American pastime at risk? by lonesome roads @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

It seems to me we are venturing into possibly unturned loose screw territory here. Let’s keep it limited to golf and hockey. Go Leafs/Wings! ________________________ Motown https://youtu.be/ixEOMB6jyEE
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Chas Osborne & Co by TaffyAtkins @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

FS: Charles Osborne 12g SxS Boxlock. Traditional British Birmingham boxlock non ejector SxS with top extension. See Picture album here http://img.gg/qV9U7bg Refurbished to include new 28" sleeved barrels (London Proof) and new case colors. C
Jump to new posts Re: Unturned screws ........... just how sure are you? by Condor @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

I thought that in the early years and perhaps today in the UK , guys would send there guns in at the end of the season for servicing. Taken apart. A done for many years, year in and year out. Still an original gun.
Jump to new posts Re: Churchill on GB a few weeks ago by MattH @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

I did NOT buy it. From looking at the pictures, it was a nice looking Churchill. It still has it's black powder proofs -- never nitro-proved. It has the EJC monogram on the bottom of the action, indicating Churchill's best work at the time. And it ha
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Bid on this Belgian? by MattH @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

fallschirmjaeger, I have a Belgian gun very similar to yours, also a 20ga. It was proofed in 1930. It has the same mechanisms as your for the ejectors and safety. I have shot the gun A LOT at clays and quail and it has given me no trouble over the ye
Jump to new posts Re: Unturned screws ........... just how sure are you? by Brittany Man @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

+1 on what Mike Rowe said. That said, I've been unpleasantly surprised by some highly recommended gunsmiths & several manufactures of not inexpensive guns & I once had a well known known gunsmith tell me that "you can't expect me to tak
Jump to new posts Re: 16 g wads. by moses @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

I suppose that I could invert the wad over a mandrill, somehow, & give the cup a bit of a tap to spread the sealing lips outward a bit. Or use a sized over powder card. That is if there is a concern after a few measurements. If it is so close t
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: John Campbell contact info by Vall @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Also might try Mobray Publishing if the above email isn't good. 401-726-8011 They published his books and might have contact info.
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Gibbs Farquharson by Vall @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Have you removed the forearm wood and looked underside of the barrel for caliber markings? That's where I found them on this one:
Jump to new posts Re: OT-another American pastime at risk? by 2-piper @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Keith; As to this tangent it was introduced by you back on page two of this thread. In that tread you stated the Democrats started the "Civil War". This is of course a total untruth. The War was unconstitutionally started by Lincoln himself
Jump to new posts Re: Unturned screws ........... just how sure are you? by Mike Rowe @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

I've said it before. If you take your gun to a gunsmith, and it comes back with "evidence" that he's worked on it, then you really do need to find someone else to do the work.
Jump to new posts Re: Rainy Day Sarasqueta - Pictorial by Kyrie @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

Hello Fallschirmjaeger, Congratulation on your acquisition – that’s one fine box lock. 1933 would be my guess. If the year proof code isn’t “F” it would have to be F1 (1960) or F2 (1986). We can exclude F2 as Victor Sarasqueta went out of
Jump to new posts Re: 16 g wads. by Shotgunjones @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

There are a couple threads on the 16 gauge society site about this. Interestingly, it appears that the SP16 was designed for a straight wall hull, just one with a smaller ID than is common now. The bigger the powder flake, the less chance for powde
Jump to new posts Re: Model 21 Skeet -- Only two bidders above $3,300 by Bushmaster @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: treblig1958Yea Jonesy but it sold and for quite a bit more than Bushmaster's NID in equally good shape. I did not sell my NID or buy the 21 Skeet -- but I am not letting it get to me. Instead of being discouraged I choose t
So Jagermeister, you still think it's not a matter of being a craftsman? You think simply having properly ground screwdriver tips and the knowledge of how to use a screwdriver correctly will instantly turn you into a qualified gunsmith? I see you a
Jump to new posts Re: Unturned screws ........... just how sure are you? by KY Jon @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Stan I don't doubt that a gun can be taken apart and put back together without leaving a trace. The problem is not that it has been done properly but that it has not. How many have the skill, proper training, correct tools and patience to do it right
Originally Posted By: JagermeisterOriginally Posted By: Stan I agree completely, Brian. It never has mattered to me. I look for condition, not that. Think about it, those screws (pins for some of our brethren), were turned when the gun was assemble
Jump to new posts Re: Model 21 Skeet -- Only two bidders above $3,300 by keith @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: JagermeisterSomeone got a nice brush/skeet shotgun for a very reasonable price. The general consensus among most who are really in the know on the Model 21 market is that the buyer probably paid too much for this particula
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.