August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13167 Members
9 Forums
30360 Topics
406658 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 08:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: OT listing: looking for Savage single shot barrels by Mike A. @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Still looking!
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: SENDING MY GUN COLLECTION TO AUCTION by lonesome roads @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

But then... ________________________ I've always been crazy. https://youtu.be/5VO6bI-xrj8
Jump to new posts Re: SENDING MY GUN COLLECTION TO AUCTION by lonesome roads @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: treblig1958Originally Posted By: canvasbackI don't intend to die. I intend to live forever. So far so good. Always the contrarian...I'm looking... __________________________ Forward to Death. https://youtu.be/kxg7kNC
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Sanding backers by Chuckster @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Dry grocery store cellulose sponges work pretty well as backers for sanding wood. Sort of conform to the shape of the pieces being sanded, but not for sharp corners. Chuck
Jump to new posts Re: 1927 Lancaster 12/20 by Karl Graebner @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

I've lusted for a Merkel 1620, a 16 ga. on a 20 ga. frame. My light 12's at 61/2 lbs. loaded with 21/2 RST's with 1oz. of shot work well enough for me to cancel my lust. Still, there is always that "one more gun". Karl
Jump to new posts Re: 1927 Lancaster 12/20 by Lloyd3 @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Ted: My 16BLE is also 5lbs14 and is dimensionally almost identical to this gun. I find my 16 to be almost ideal for me in the uplands. And, much like my boxlock, when loaded with two 1-ounce shells it weighs.....6lbs. If the barrels or LOP were
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Sanding backers by gunmaker @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

I guess I'm cheap; I use scrap Turkish walnut ground into any shape I need. For "blending" I glue cork to them.
Jump to new posts Re: SENDING MY GUN COLLECTION TO AUCTION by treblig1958 @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: canvasbackI don't intend to die. I intend to live forever. So far so good.
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by GMCS @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Very nice job. Putting a good gun with the type of trauma that one experienced is amazing.
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by Geo. Newbern @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Curious, you reported a problem with a Japanese Browning SLE in your stable, what, exactly, turned out to be the problem, there? I've never heard of a problem with that version of the Browning. Best, Ted The
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Geo, Have you shot the gun yet? Steve Bodio has a big, square shouldered LC that he swears handles like a Purdey, if you close your eyes. I want one of whatever he's drinking. Curious, you reported a problem with a Japanese Browning SLE in your sta
Jump to new posts Re: 1927 Lancaster 12/20 by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

I have a tough time shooting most guns that fall under 6lbs well, regardless of gauge. Single exception is a Remington model 17 pump. It isn't much under 6 lbs, and goes over 6 when the magazine and chamber are in the happy condition. If I had extra
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by Geo. Newbern @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

The work was done by: A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC. Mineola, TX Michael08TDK@yahoo.com 682-554-0044
Jump to new posts Re: Inletting service, Nitro Special 410 by ed good @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

financial gain is not the issue...the issue is avoiding putting far too much money into a gun than one would ever hope to recover...
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by skeettx @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

Fantastic, another one returns to useful life Thank you for posting Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by Geo. Newbern @ Yesterday at 05:02 PM

Pictures below of the 32" barrel L.C. Smith Specialty Grade. The sleeve is in the right barrel. Very difficult to detect: I wish I had thought to ask him to replace the precious metal seam between the vent rib and the standing top rib.
Jump to new posts Re: 1927 Lancaster 12/20 by Saskbooknut @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

I do not see a problem here. Likely chambered 2 1/2 inch, and proof for 1 1/8 ounce. Using suitable cartridges, the gun is a dream upland gun. One ounce of plated shot is plenty for me in 20 or 16 gauge, so why not a feather light 12 bore.
Jump to new posts Re: Inletting service, Nitro Special 410 by B. Dudley @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Fit, finish AND checker for just $300? Well, you get what you pay for. If that is your budget, maybe you should stick with Macon. Besides, most people looking to put that sort of work into a gun are not doing it strictly for financial gain.
Jump to new posts Re: Colt Hammer gun 10 or 12 Ga? by Researcher @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

In looking at the Colt doubles for sale on Guns International I saw a couple of Colt letters that were pretty nice. The letter the previous owner got for the Model 1883 I have is pretty bleak. It states that the finish is "blue" and that
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeving my Smith Specialty Grade by Geo. Newbern @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

ttt I got my Specialty Grade back today from Mr. Little. He was able to sleeve just the one barrel that had burst while saving the undamaged original left barrel, the original top ventilated rib and the bottom ribs, as well as all original barrel top
Jump to new posts Re: Colt Hammer gun 10 or 12 Ga? by keith @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

As I said, I am unfamiliar with Colt doubles, so I do not know if you could simply turn the hinge pin to move it around to an unworn section, or if you would have to replace it because it only indexes properly at one point. It appears the head is cur
Jump to new posts Re: What is prewar ? by Skrotnissen @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

In my contry, Norway, pre-war is always before 39. Of course that's just because we where "neutral" during the great war. (More than 2000 sailors died in that war.) If a gun is made during the war, I would refer it to as a War-xxx. I have
Jump to new posts Re: Inletting service, Nitro Special 410 by Geo. Newbern @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

A slip on recoil pad is much cheaper than a new or even butt grafted stock. Some of the leather strap on types look pretty good as well. Take it off and the grandkid can shoot it as God intended when He helped Ithaca create it...Geo
Jump to new posts Re: French? 16 Ga. O/U by ed good @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

not aware of gunsmiths around norfolk...however, gunter pfrommer, located in rocky mount, va, is an excellent gunsmith who can check your gun out and make sure it is safe to shoot...
Jump to new posts Re: 1927 Lancaster 12/20 by L. Brown @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

But nice if you're walking a lot and shooting only a little. Only problem is, you go that light, then anything heavier than an ounce at modest speed and the recoil will get your attention. I had a Lindner Daly Featherweight a bit lighter than that.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.