June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
7 registered (Oldmodel70, Remington40x, Joe Wood, Marks_21, Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13628 Members
9 Forums
33254 Topics
460323 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Simpson by 2-piper @ 24 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ed goodmost any gun shop will have a chamber gauge... and for upland shooting, it is hard to beat rst 2 1/2" loads... Modern-day chamber gages are made to SAAMI specs. This gun was not made to Saami specs. The chamber
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: WTB- WRA .22 rifle part by skeettx @ 26 minutes 15 seconds ago

Different latching end See pictures in the nu-line guns link Mike
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: M.V. Highsmith of Memphis built mauser 98 458x2in by ellenbr @ 26 minutes 48 seconds ago

If the reference was to >>HI<<, then yes. I don't recall exactly how Mr. Buck referred to HI. Cheers, Raimey rse
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Translation help..?? Thanks. by ellenbr @ 36 minutes 25 seconds ago

Drew, can you aid in attaching an actual image w/ the following types/descriptions from the 1840s? a)Gedrehte Läufe(canon tordu,) f.) b) Gewundene Läufe, Bandläufe( canon à ruban) c) Damascirte Läufe (canon damassé, f.) d) Drahtläufe(canon filé)
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: M.V. Highsmith of Memphis built mauser 98 458x2in by Run With The Fox @ 38 minutes 53 seconds ago

Was this Master gunmaker the gent mentioned in Nash Buckingham's "Are We Shooting 8-Gauge guns?"--
Jump to new posts Re: WTB- WRA .22 rifle part by Run With The Fox @ 40 minutes 28 seconds ago

Metal-- just wondering, how could the front sight style affetc the push rod for the under barrel magazine tube?? RWTF
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Simpson by ed good @ Today at 08:27 AM

most any gun shop will have a chamber gauge... and for upland shooting, it is hard to beat rst 2 1/2" loads...
Jump to new posts Re: O/U for Sporting Clays by ed good @ Today at 08:21 AM

beretta and browning are the most popular... it would be great if your son could go to a big range, where guns are for rent...kinda like drive one before you buy one... for my money, the brownings are a best buy...
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 07:41 AM

Originally Posted By: StanThe oldest black walnut trees in my part of the world are in old yards, where a house used to be, and may be chock full of nails and other things saw blades don't like. It seems to have been almost a given that a tenant hous
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by HomelessjOe @ Today at 07:37 AM

It matter knot whoz yard it grows in... What matters for gunstock wood is it needs to be grown in a slow tree growth climate like Missouri or Californicatia.
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by Stan @ Today at 07:24 AM

The oldest black walnut trees in my part of the world are in old yards, where a house used to be, and may be chock full of nails and other things saw blades don't like. It seems to have been almost a given that a tenant house, or sharecropper's house
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by SamW @ Today at 06:51 AM

soprano gauge. The stump photo was in 1989 in AR. The wood cured over 20 years in UT. AR is not the best local for stock wood walnut...very porous wood.
Jump to new posts Re: W.Clark 12 bore english boxlock by rollbac @ Today at 12:28 AM

Forgot had this for sale.
Jump to new posts Re: O/U for Sporting Clays by Stan @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

From personal experience I would recommend the Beretta. Any of them in the 680 series. Very shootable guns, and rock solid, with excellent single triggers. My best to your son, SRH
Jump to new posts FS. W. H. Baker Batavia Damascus by WBLDon @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Prices are plus shipping (figure about $50 in the lower 48 ) and guns must go to FFL so make sure your dealer will accept gun from an individual. Thanks for taking the time to look... WBLDon W.H. Baker Batavia Damascus 16 Gauge/ 2 triggers/ extracto
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Simpson by skeettx @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Nice problem to have Can you please post pictures of the proof marks And this may assist http://www.shotguns.se/html/germany_1890-1945.html
Jump to new posts Re: O/U for Sporting Clays by KDGJ @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

Gene, See if you can find a Browning and a Beretta to try before you buy. The 680 series are rock solid, but you'll be buying an off the shelf gun. Just make sure the stock fits him reasonably well. If he is only planning to use it on clays, you'l
Jump to new posts Question on Simpson by murphy @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

I have a Simpson which I think was made right before WW II. The Simpson family was Jewish and I don't think it existed after WW II. This gun was shipped to Amberombie and Fitch with 28 in barrels and has been shortened to 26. It seems to be CYL x CYL
Jump to new posts Re: Tom Roster SSM article re low vs high pressure by 2-piper @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Larry; First & Foremost you have to "Understand" what you read & Cite. Yes, the pressures quoted are an "Average" of Max peak pressures. I apparently wrongly;y ASS-U-MEd that everyone here understood that. All pressures
Jump to new posts Re: The English “Best” by Rocketman @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

JB, you are absolutely right that any brand, actual maker or retailer, could get out a OQ1 gun. True makers used in-workers with requisite skill and contracted with with other shops and/or out-workers to fill in any gaps. I'll clean out some stuff
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by Rocketman @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

It has been so muddy here this spring I even got my chainsaw stuck! Sam, what gauge are those ukes? ;} DDA
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by canvasback @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Thanks Craig.....it's for fun and interest.
Jump to new posts Re: O/U for Sporting Clays by Shotgunjones @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

You're on the right track. I'd advise to avoid the temptation to go cheap. Trigger pull is a big part of a target gun, and either the Citori or 680 series lend themselves to a trigger job IF necessary. Not everyone can work on a Cynergy. It's a go
Jump to new posts Re: Hollenbeck Drilling #1236 12ga over .32-40 Ballard by Researcher @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

O-grade, 12 x 12 x .32-40, 28-inch steel barrels, full pistol grip, 7 pounds 11 ounces, 14 1/8 x 1 5/8 x 2 3/4. No record of it being shipped or sold, but it appears Rudy Kostelecky, Rudy's Gun Shop, Cantonment, Florida, sold it to Ed W. Stifel, no
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Raising your own stock blanks by craigd @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

If you're looking for figure, try to plan to get the stump out of the ground. The stuff that might be of most interest will look more like the chunk in Sam's picture than lumber. If you are starting to narrow choices down, see if you can figure out w
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.