June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
13 registered (eddiel4, 2-piper, Dave in Maine, Austin Hawthorne, 2 invisible), 127 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13428 Members
9 Forums
31857 Topics
432724 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Inverted name and address on a lock plate? by Dave in Maine @ 47 seconds ago

What Daryl said, or maybe they're lettered upside down so the shooter could look down on them and admire his good buying choice while shouldering the gun.
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Ted Schefelbein @ 34 minutes 0 seconds ago

Geo, My money is on the 28" Browning you kept, NOT being used up. Thanks for the nice gun. I can deal with shorter 26" tubes in a grouse woods, and, although the gun feels really good coming up, I think there is a leather slip on pad about
You're right Ted. The Gerest-Berthon with 1906 Didier-Drevet barrels had "7" (cm) chambers....I won'd let Dau-in-law shoot anything but 2 1/2" RST lost pressure shells from it. What I am looking for is an affordable 16 gauge, turn of
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: PH Grade Parker by oohay @ Today at 01:19 PM

Thank You Ed , yes, Turnbull Colors would look great on her ,she's a nice solid hunting gun !
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
To each his own I guess. I like them all, but it is the STS for when it counts the most. It certainly has been robust, not to mention accurate, if not the most handsome.
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Karl Graebner The ones remaining at the dealers were highly discounted at the time Browning discontinued them, which would have been the perfect time to strike! Karl Karl I wish I'd bought mine during the discount period. I
Jump to new posts Re: Inverted name and address on a lock plate? by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 01:09 PM

Maybe intentional. It might have looked more readable in it's case with the letters that way.
Jump to new posts Re: Inverted name and address on a lock plate? by Toby Barclay @ Today at 01:00 PM

I am amazed that this mistake has survived as I am very aware of the ease that engraving mistakes can be rectified with a peening tool and judicious striking off. My most favourite restoration engraver had a 'senior' moment when engraving the number
Originally Posted By: BrentDIFor my big rifles, when I really, really want to best accuracy, my 25x Lyman STS is the scope I much prefer over all my Unertls and Feckers. It is the most dependable and precise scope I've ever shot. I preferred the
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 12:29 PM

I've seen the game scene guns with higher prices, but, they seem to sit forever. I also prefer the scroll version, and it seems there are always a few for sale. I've heard the same production number Geo posted, with about half that number for the Bel
Jump to new posts Re: 1900 Manufrance - Are the Case Colors Original? by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 12:09 PM

Larry, I have a couple of different chamber measure gauges, both came from Brownell's, if I am not mistaken. Geoffroy Gournet has warned me about using SAAMI spec tools on French guns, point blank telling me they are not reliable for determining cham
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Karl Graebner @ Today at 12:07 PM

George, Ever since I purchased my first one, I read James Flynn's article as well as the one done in the DGJ. I've seen a couple of the game scene guns for sale as well, that feature drop points but with less engraving overall on the gun. The scroll
Jump to new posts Re: Le Chameau Boots by fallschirmjaeger @ Today at 12:00 PM

Well, I discovered my La Crosse 18" rubbers have a crack in them this weekend. I decided to purchase the Le Chameau Traqueur boots. What caught my attention to this model (aside from the good price) was this: "Ultra-durable field and e
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 11:54 AM

Articles I've read over the years have said that Browning only made about 900 of the BSS Sidelocks over the whole production period. As many as we see for sale and just around here, I wonder about that number. There's also the question of the two en
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Karl Graebner @ Today at 11:31 AM

Ted, I shoot 1 oz. loads to good effect in mine at 1175 fps. using Estate SS target loads. For hunting I like the RST 1 oz. loads in 7's and 5's. I've used mine for nearly 12 years and wouldn't part with them, and I hope in time you will feel the sam
Jump to new posts Re: Best case cutter? by Bob Noble @ Today at 11:31 AM

I made one out of wood and a razor blade. It has a dowel with shims under to adjust the height of the cut. It takes about 5 seconds a case to cut them off with it.
Jump to new posts Re: Inverted name and address on a lock plate? by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 11:25 AM

I wish I had one of those postage stamps with the upside down bi-plane on it...Geo
Jump to new posts Re: Inverted name and address on a lock plate? by Steve Nash @ Today at 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: B. DudleyI have seen this on some early back-action Parker guns. Aha! The next question is why? I can’t imagine it is a mistake passed on to the buyer, not when gunmaking workmanship was at such a high standard of quality, a
Jump to new posts Re: Best case cutter? by dogon @ Today at 11:12 AM

I tried several of the commercially made cutters. Most of them were pure junk and really hard to get a clean trim from. I made a simple jig out of scrap plywood to use on my chop saw and never looked back. The jig took less than ten minutes to make @
Jump to new posts Re: For Geo. by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Karl GraebnerTed, I just looked through one of my older Browning catalogs from the 80's, and it shows a BSS-SL in a Browning traditional dark brown case. The case product number is listed as #2015, specific to Browning's SxS's.
Jump to new posts Rio Shotshells by gjw @ Today at 11:02 AM

Hey all, so what's the scoop on Rio's? There seems to be two camps, those who like them and those who don't (like anything else in this world). I was wondering what you all think about them from your personal experience. I'm looking at their 1oz 2
Jump to new posts Re: 1900 Manufrance - Are the Case Colors Original? by L. Brown @ Today at 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted SchefelbeinLarry, For a decade or so, my Darne Demonstrator gun was a 12 gauge R16, marked as 76mm chambers. They are out there. Not common. Gene, there is not a snowball's chance in he!! that gun has original case colors.
Jump to new posts Re: Inverted name and address on a lock plate? by B. Dudley @ Today at 10:35 AM

I have seen this on some early back-action Parker guns.
That is quite a transition in the stock shaping from the tang, to the comb nose, wrist and comb! Also a very lloonngg forend although it looks G&H all the way with none of the hideous stock anomalies common to pre-war single shot varmint rifles.
Jump to new posts Re: Emmebi so expensive? by ed good @ Today at 10:06 AM

an speakin o cotton: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/paul-...-143801507.html
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.