February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28
Who's Online
10 registered (lonesome roads, ClapperZapper, David Zincavage, Mark II, gunny, 2 invisible), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13554 Members
9 Forums
32829 Topics
451622 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: How to tell 2 1/2" chambering from 2 3/4"? by skeettx @ 10 minutes 54 seconds ago

QUICK way, roll up a 3x5 index card and insert into the chamber, see how far it sides in with out due force. Second way is to use a chamber gauge Third way is to check the proof marks more closely and then assume it is 2 1/2 " chamber or even
Jump to new posts How to tell 2 1/2" chambering from 2 3/4"? by David Zincavage @ 14 minutes 59 seconds ago

A friend of mine picked up a decent 12 gauge Greener with 26" barrels at a local gun show for $400. Apparently, somebody had just sold it to the seller for $250. Odd things happen I guess. Greeners seem to go for somewhat higher prices on Gun
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 16 Bore Shotshell Maxium Service pressure by ellenbr @ 21 minutes 33 seconds ago

Good info there Ford. I am curious to what psi value this 680 bar actually transforms? Cheers, Raimey rse
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Barrel fitting Help by Mark II @ 23 minutes 2 seconds ago

If it locks up tight and the fore end looks like it fits take it out and shoot a couple boxes of shells through it and see what happens. If there is any movement in the lock it needs to be tightened up or everything will shake loose pretty soon.
Jump to new posts Re: 20 bore over chokes by Researcher @ 45 minutes 56 seconds ago

My fully optioned Ithaca NID 20-gauge has .038" choke in the right barrel and .042" choke in the left.
Jump to new posts Re: Got one of these coming Friday by HomelessjOe @ 55 minutes 46 seconds ago

I doubt it.
Jump to new posts Re: Got one of these coming Friday by A R McDaniel Jr @ 57 minutes 17 seconds ago

Those old dog leg shotguns were a tool. My uncle had one that never knew what the inside of a house looked like or what a bore swab felt like. It lived out in the tool room next to the door, AND it was loaded all the time. It stayed there after he
Jump to new posts Re: Got one of these coming Friday by HomelessjOe @ Today at 11:15 AM

TSS internet stunt man...why not go full stunt and shoot a foe tin. I got more respect for a turkey than that. Ever stop and wonder why Federal starting pushing #7 size shot ? Because they can't load a shell with big shot to compete with the patte
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Books 1-5 SPF.
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Thanks for buying, Rodney! My "legal" (first) name and address for shipping payment are: George Armstrong 1610 Catalina Ave., Seal Beach, CA 90740 Let's say the amount is $190 shipped (I get a small break on shipping multiple book orders
Jump to new posts Re: Got one of these coming Friday by KY Jon @ Today at 11:05 AM

There was a time when single barrel shotguns were to be found on every farm around where I grew up. Behind a back door, out in a shed or barn, on a tractor or combine. Handy for ready use. But none I ever saw as a kid had wood as nice as the lower on
Jump to new posts Re: Got one of these coming Friday by BrentD @ Today at 11:00 AM

They want a pretty penny for those things.
Jump to new posts Re: Got one of these coming Friday by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 10:58 AM

Nice, but I think they picked the wrong opening system with the top-lever. I much prefer the push button style. Just me probably...Geo In addition I can't tell whether the forend is a pull-off or a screw on. Pull-0ffs are hard to use with a sling
Jump to new posts British .410 proofs by KY Jon @ Today at 10:55 AM

Looking at a British .410 and came across the following proofs. “410 LC, 7/16” ounce load I assume. So is this a 2 1/2” chamber instead of the common early 2” 410 guns I have seen? Load does not sound like it could be a 3” load for a 3” chamber at a
Jump to new posts Re: 8 gauge double by KY Jon @ Today at 10:44 AM

To what end? Ten is the largest bore allowed in most states for any hunting.
Jump to new posts Got one of these coming Friday by John Roberts @ Today at 10:42 AM

Henry 20 ga. single, blued receiver. Turkey gun with Federal TSS #7's. https://www.henryusa.com/shotgun/single-shot-shotgun/ JR
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Remington Model 30 Express by Vall @ Today at 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Cameron In some ways I wish I wouldn't have messed with it and yes I scoped it without any alteration. It is patterned off the P14/M1917 Enfield action. It's a large action and as far as I know doesn't need a whole lot of altera
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my Greener hammergun,opinions on shipping? by John Roberts @ Today at 10:34 AM

Pretty sure I first used a PVC pipe to ship barrels about 1980. It does work well. JR
Jump to new posts 8 gauge double by 1574trap @ Today at 10:32 AM

8 gauge double barrel shotguns were sold in the usa in the early 1960's made by an Italian gun maker. these guns were sold thru retail outlets like navy arms. these guns were made of modern steels, weighed over 15 lb., and had barrels appox 39"
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Barrel fitting Help by Travis S @ Today at 10:28 AM

For Salopian I did clean up the extractor. Mark II what is the next step after lever surface adjustment. Many thanks Travis
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Shoots by ClapperZapper @ Today at 10:24 AM

Just a reminder to anyone that might read this who is thinking about organizing a side-by-side shoot. It is the hospitality business. Subset of the entertainment industry. Be well organized, and be good to your guests, Or they don’t come back. A
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my Greener hammergun,opinions on shipping? by canvasback @ Today at 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: GLSI ship barrels in a 32" long, 3.5", OD .25" wall thickness PVC pipe capped at both ends with one end glued in place, the other taped. Barrels are wrapped in cloth. The outgoing address was originally written i
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my Greener hammergun,opinions on shipping? by Joe Wood @ Today at 10:15 AM

Here’s what may happen when a gun is shipped put together. A fabulous 16 gauge George Abbey hammergun with a rising bite action and a Purdey style thumb lever. Seller sent during the Christmas holiday in a very strong cardboard box and in crushable f
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 16 Bore Shotshell Maxium Service pressure by Der Ami @ Today at 10:06 AM

The 1989 version of Wiederladen, shows in the table for shotgun ammunition, that the maximum allowable gas pressure for 16 ga shells( this is service load, not proof, pressure) is 680 bar. Current rules may use different units of measure. Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Shoots by claycrusher1900 @ Today at 09:58 AM

Gentleman's Cup April 20th in Freelamd MI (by Saginaw).
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 ... 35 36 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.