April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
8 registered (300846, ksauers1, Ian Forrester, greener4me, fallschirmjaeger, 1 invisible), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13400 Members
9 Forums
31518 Topics
428345 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Over/Under Guild Gun (French?) ID & Info. Request by fallschirmjaeger @ 9 minutes 4 seconds ago

Interesting that it's a 12 gauge...had I not seen the bore dimensions and saw that it was a French gun, I would have just assumed it was a 16. Based on my limited observations, it appears the French were very big on the 16 gauge. Either way, that's
Jump to new posts Re: Stock repair in GA area? by Yeti @ 10 minutes 43 seconds ago

Thank you gents!
Jump to new posts Re: Who all used lindner actions besides Daly? by Ken Georgi @ Today at 02:15 PM

I'm late to the thread :-). Daryl and Drew hit most of them. Two more - - William R. Schaefer & Son - Boston (just a timing thing based on William bringing a son into the business) - E.C. Schmidt - Boston (former William R. Schaefer &
Jump to new posts Re: Muzzleloader marks as to gauge?? by Drew Hause @ Today at 01:56 PM

Like most things British, it's confusing to us Colonials 13 lead balls .710" in diameter = 1 pound BUT 13 gauge barrels were often bored .720" for ball Bore and ball diameters Act of 1868 https://sizes.com/sports/shotguns.htm
Jump to new posts Re: Log in by skeettx @ Today at 01:49 PM

61bhs I sent a PM to s_long on your behalf, and copied this link Mike if you will add info to this link, he will also see it Mike
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 01:17 PM

I planted trees, thinned then, burned them on rotation, established feed plots and kept up a road system on about 600 acres of contiguous land with a transmission line, running creek and several wet heads/branches. It was cow pasture/cropland when I
Jump to new posts Re: Rising bite Manufrance "Ideal" grade "2R” by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 01:10 PM

And fascinating to watch!...Geo
Jump to new posts Re: Muzzleloader marks as to gauge?? by Stallones @ Today at 01:09 PM

Several of my 12 ga ML and Early cartridge guns are marked 13, which is about .720 I believe. It was primarily done to insure that the 12 ga fiber wads were a TIGHT fit.
Jump to new posts Re: My first double - 16g Lefaucheux pinfire! by Eugène L. @ Today at 01:01 PM

Sure it's similaire but not the same Patent
Jump to new posts Re: Toy for a boy - Dreyse rook rifle by Gunwolf @ Today at 12:55 PM

Mike, unfortunately it's not mine. It's for sale, but about my budget. The gunmaker is sure, we can shoot it. If we do, I will let you know! Gunwolf
Jump to new posts Re: Way Off Topic but JIC by rocky mtn bill @ Today at 12:44 PM

Wonko, Thanks for this notice. Given the average age of members here, lots of us need to know this.
Jump to new posts Way Off Topic but JIC by Wonko the Sane @ Today at 12:01 PM

Starting 4/1/18 Medicare will start a > year-long project to replace all current Medicare cards for > beneficiaries to convert to alphanumeric ID numbers. > Currently the ID number is your social security number. This > is starting to hit
Jump to new posts Re: Toy for a boy - Dreyse rook rifle by Der Ami @ Today at 11:32 AM

Gunwolf, Did you buy it? If so, maybe we can ID the nominal caliber, and maybe you can shoot it. Mike
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by Der Ami @ Today at 11:25 AM

Someone go back to my post that started the whole coyote , etc discussion. They only contributed, I said the main thing was the loss of textile industry and changing to "Pine tree orchards" ie monoculture loss of habitat. When game is stre
Jump to new posts Re: Rising bite Manufrance "Ideal" grade "2R” by Shotgunlover @ Today at 10:34 AM

A cylindrical bolt split so as to form two wedges rises up and wedges the barrel extension in the receiver recess. Simple and self adjusting for wear. If it was not such a PIA to post pics I would post diagrams and pics of the Ideal system.
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Remington 24 by gasgunner @ Today at 10:10 AM

Thanks to the sharp eye of a fellow forum member, I believe we know with a fair level of certainty who the owner of this little rifle was. The stock has the initials EMQ engraved on the brass shield. Edgar Monsanto Queeny was a business leader, conse
I haven't seen a Peugeot in years. Used to see a lot of them on road sides with raised hoods. Nice looking gun. Gil
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by BrentD @ Today at 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: buzz...the decline of the bobwhite quail is multifactoral... That, almost certainly is the one truth we have about quail. Quail declined over their entire range it seems in the late 90s, maybe earlier in some areas. It wa
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by Stan @ Today at 07:23 AM

True that, buzz. Except that in my area of the South there is no fescue. I think we're too far south for it, or maybe there is some other ecological reason it can't thrive here. I really believe that the biggest, not the only by any means, but the b
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by buzz @ Today at 07:05 AM

As an avid quail hunter for 50 years, I have to put my $.02 in. Yes, I’ve seen raptors catch birds, and I believe coyote are actually beneficial to quail (best not to argue with a full Professor of Ecology as Brent is on this), but predators have bee
It's very difficult to date French shotguns. Unlike most European countries, the French proofhouse does not use a date code. And you don't see a lot of French OU's. You'll certainly see more Belgian OU's that bear a superficial resemblance to that
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by Stan @ Today at 06:59 AM

The accipiters all hunt like that here, moses. And, you're spot on with the descriptions of how deadly they are. But, the ones where Brent lives must be the retarded relatives of ours, because he has never seen them do anything but miss. I'd sure li
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by moses @ Today at 06:03 AM

Couple or three things are really sad. (1) I don't know my carrier from my passenger when it comes to pigeons. Thank you Geo. (2) This subject that the thread has become needs its own thread as it is so interesting & informative. (3) I did not
Jump to new posts Re: you know whats really sad? by BrentD @ Today at 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Stan What you call major, and what I consider significant, are worlds apart evidently. Read the sentence again that I quoted from the Wildlife Soceity Bulletin: What the article does not say is that these predators have any
Jump to new posts Re: Log in by Mike Harrell @ Today at 03:22 AM

I haven't been able to log in for months.
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.