January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
8 registered (DLA, 12brd, bushveld, Krag 1902, J.B.Patton, 1 invisible), 116 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13319 Members
9 Forums
31258 Topics
420819 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 08:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by Joe Wood @ 22 minutes 36 seconds ago

Never hunted wild chukars? Just a walk in the park if you've got a death wish. Besides what you see there is an abundance of all sorts of sticky things, including rattlesnakes. This is from several years ago along the Snake Rive (Hells Canyon) in I
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: WTB exposed hammer pigeon gun by Stan @ 28 minutes 36 seconds ago

I was contacted today, by email, by a British dealer who said he has a Boswell 32" pigeon gun "going through the system", and he will contact me when it is ready for sale. I assume he means being checked out, cleaned up and possibly e
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by Karl Graebner @ 35 minutes 6 seconds ago

Snipe Hunter, I'm looking forward to starting the same tradition with my new 1911 Churchill this coming grouse and woodcock season in Michigan. Come October! Karl
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by Stan @ 36 minutes 56 seconds ago

Excellent, Rick. Pretty photo. SRH
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by Snipe Hunter @ 44 minutes 39 seconds ago

Yesterday I shot this 16 gauge Cogswell & Harrison for its 104th birthday. I have a letter from the maker indicating that the date of completion was 1/21/1914. Every year on or around this date I take it out for its annual birthday hunt.
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by buzz @ 47 minutes 32 seconds ago

Poppel (aspen) thickets are plenty tough, Karl especially when itís hot. Grouse hunting must be at minimum, ten times harder than Texas quail hunting...no kidding. Tough upland cover is pheasant hunting in a marsh....very tough walking. Iíve heard w
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by bushveld @ Today at 07:13 PM

Having had experience in making tumblers for sidelock shotguns through the years, and having made another tumbler for a side lock double rifle just last week, I say that welding a tumbler especially welding one that has broken in the unfortunate plac
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2017 Hunting Season by Karl Graebner @ Today at 07:13 PM

Gil, You're making me anxious for October to get here again in Michigan. Your woodcock cover looks a bit more brutal than ours here in Michigan. Karl
Jump to new posts Re: Purdey by Recoil Rob @ Today at 07:08 PM

I don't see anything but fingerprints on the barrels. "backwoods yard sale"? It's Virginia, next door to Maryland... We have our own brand of elitism here don't we.
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by buzz @ Today at 06:20 PM

Belgian what? If high end Belgian, thatís different from a lower end Belgian (sometimes referred to a klunker). If a klunker, definitely weld it.
Jump to new posts Re: German Trade Gun ?? by J.B.Patton @ Today at 06:08 PM

Portion of barrel flats as requested: Iíll get more complete photos tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: French Nanny State by bonny @ Today at 06:08 PM

Britain has had massive muslim immigration over the years. They settle an area, usually the north of england cities such as leeds or bradford, also manchester, and simply do not integrate. A report by the uk government a few years back into the subje
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by fallschirmjaeger @ Today at 06:07 PM

It's a Belgian...
Jump to new posts Re: German Trade Gun ?? by Dave in Maine @ Today at 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Geo. NewbernOriginally Posted By: Dave in Maine I'm aware of an incident where the pilot of a UH-1 used his helicopter to encourage a sounder of wildschwein through a battalion bivouac, flushing many groundpounders. Hilarity ens
Jump to new posts Re: German Trade Gun ?? by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine I'm aware of an incident where the pilot of a UH-1 used his helicopter to encourage a sounder of wildschwein through a battalion bivouac, flushing many groundpounders. Hilarity ensued. Not immediately, I'd guess.
Jump to new posts Re: German Trade Gun ?? by Dave in Maine @ Today at 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Geo. NewbernFabulous engraving. I'd never have thought of the idea of using a sounder of pigs to flush woodcock. GLS should take notice...Geo I'm aware of an incident where the pilot of a UH-1 used his helicopter to encourag
Jump to new posts Re: German Trade Gun ?? by Dave in Maine @ Today at 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Ami These are much better photos than on the other thread. The Simmons logo is clear now. The barrels are marked 16/70 and the action shows a 16/70 on each side of the water table. There is a 16.70( note the period). This is
Jump to new posts Re: Purdey by Julio @ Today at 05:34 PM

Volleyfire, what are you suggesting? Sleeving?
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by buzz @ Today at 05:25 PM

Maybe it can be welded, but that looks like where sear engages the bent. It likely needs to be hardened. You need expert opinion from a very competent gunsmith. Is that an English gun?
Jump to new posts Re: Edgar Strempel, etal..... by ellenbr @ Today at 05:25 PM

One is a sideplated but I guess I was more or less comparing the engraving. See you email account for a couple images. Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Purdey by volleyfire @ Today at 05:20 PM

Interested parties look at the color changes on those barrels under high magnification.
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by LeFusil @ Today at 05:15 PM

Tony has done work for me. Heís pretty amazing. http://www.microprecisionwelding.com
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by KY Jon @ Today at 05:10 PM

I'd try to have it welded first. Still can have one made later if it does not work out.
Jump to new posts Re: French Nanny State by treblig1958 @ Today at 04:27 PM

Yes we heard it many times that all Muslim are peaceful prosperous people, until they're not. Until the Muslim community starts to turn in their own they will not gain anyone's complete trust.
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Split in Two Pieces by Hammergun @ Today at 04:15 PM

www.restorativewelding.com
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 ... 37 38 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.