April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (bushveld, oskar, KDGJ, Jtplumb, battle, 1 invisible), 450 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Two's Company, Three's... eightbore 04/27/24 09:49 PM
And next, Mister Midas.
2 61 Read More
Re: Manufrance Ideal Type Anglais - Comments anyone? fab500 04/27/24 09:35 PM
https://www.naturabuy.fr/rare-fusil-ideal-pontet-lunette-crosse-arabe-collection-item-11259013.html

Ce nom vient du fait qu'elles ressemblaient aux crosses des fusils arabes Moukala.
53 13,323 Read More
Re: Two's Company, Three's... Fudd 04/27/24 09:27 PM
Mercy.
2 61 Read More
Two's Company, Three's... Bob Cash 04/27/24 09:24 PM
...Mo Betta
A set of 28 gauge Superposed, 28" Skeet

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2 61 Read More
Re: Manufrance Ideal Type Anglais - Comments anyone? Fudd 04/27/24 09:13 PM
Une crosse arabe... Jamais entendu ça.

https://drouot.com/fr/l/15578558-fusil-juxtapose-ideal-de-manuf

Hrm! Je viens d'apprendre un nouveau terme. Merci!
53 13,323 Read More
Re: Manufrance Ideal Type Anglais - Comments anyone? fab500 04/27/24 08:56 PM
Tom,

Jusqu'en 1891, l'Idéal était monté uniquement avec une crosse arabe. A partir de cette date, elle commence à disparaitre pour laisser place à des crosses conventionnelles (demi-pistolet et anglaise).

N'oubliez pas de mettre des photos de votre Idéal Perfection, quand vous l'aurez reçu.
53 13,323 Read More
Re: Chalk and Cheese Fudd 04/27/24 08:45 PM
Yeah, I know. I was joking. It's got the little dollar signs stamped into the left side of its flats. Big Scrooge McDuck fan, so I bought it.

I guess my picture's not showing up for you. It does have that mega yacht of a forend, with the horseshoe-shaped retaining hardware at the front, as opposed to the previous version with fasteners on either side of the wood. The weird thing about it is, when I unboxed and first beheld it, I expected it'd handle like a baulk of mine-shoring timber. Not the case. It swings like it's an extension of my hatred of the color orange.
2 78 Read More
Re: Chalk and Cheese Bob Cash 04/27/24 08:22 PM
Regarding your Browning.
Skeet/Skeet. Most likely .005 constriction top and bottom.
“New Style Skeet” if it looks like it has 2 forends worth of wood up front.
2 78 Read More
Winchester 244 Shotgunjones 04/27/24 08:10 PM
I heard through the grapevine that Hodgdon in its infinite wisdom is now publishing 12 gauge loads for 244.

Sure enough, the website has quite a few loads many with some of the new wave wads, and many with pressures on the low side for the claimed velocity levels at least in the one ounce selections.

Surprising. This powder was initially marketed for pistol applications with a copper scavenger and low flash characteristics. My source claims it's either an alternative to or an eventual replacement for WST. This is just one word of mouth claim.

The main attraction at this point is that the stuff is available, and good bit cheaper than WST and the Alliant extortion when you can find any. I'm not saying it's cheap. It certainly isn't. We are still being robbed.

If you want one ounce loads in the 7200 psi range with snappy velocity, you might want to investigate 244.
0 54 Read More
Chalk and Cheese Fudd 04/27/24 08:00 PM
Took a long-overdue trip to the trap & skeet club today.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

On the left, Rizzini BR550, 28-gauge, 28" barrels. A magic wand. Used it for four rounds of trap with Modified chokes. Shot like a bag of hammers, very inconsistently, but had fun doing so. Odd thing, today... The backside of the trigger guard kept smacking my middle finger, to the point that it's a bit bruised and swollen. Never happened before. Same loads I've always used. Is my grip too loose or something?

On the right, salt wood-era Browning Superposed Lightning Skeet, 12-gauge, 26" pipes. Choked, uhh, I forget how it's choked. A short, fat shillelagh of a shotgun. Shot two rounds of skeet, coached on where to hold for each penguin at every station by a real old pro, and actually managed to blow up some doubles. More than once each round, which is encouraging. And by blow up, I mean they disintegrated. It only happened when my mind was a blank, though. See penguin, shoot penguin.

These two bazookas couldn't be more different-- unless one of them had a third barrel chambered in .229 Flea, and the other had a built-in Würzburg radar set. I love 'em both.
2 78 Read More
Re: F Dumoulin & Cie Liege 20 gauge Ghostrider 04/27/24 07:52 PM
Its thick leather with a felt liner.
17 584 Read More
Re: F Dumoulin & Cie Liege 20 gauge cpa 04/27/24 06:47 PM
Very nice gun and case. Is the case made of thick leather or does it have some kind of composite covered by leather?
17 584 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
The American Single Barrel Trap Gun - Frank Conley Recoil Rob 04/27/24 05:52 PM
The American Single Barrel Trap Gun by Frank Conley.

Mint condition with mint dust jacket in library cover.

$125 plus media mail shipping.

PM for pics.
0 35 Read More
Re: Southern Side by Side Jimmy W 04/27/24 04:43 PM
Any pictures?
6 417 Read More
Re: BPS 12 ga 2 1/2 inch shotshells bushveld 04/27/24 03:20 PM
Yes, you are correct compared to the $230.00 price of the same loads at RST.
2 248 Read More
Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers Argo44 04/27/24 02:16 PM
UK Archives has forward the bankruptcy account from E.M. Reilly & Co., presented at a meeting held in August 1913. Reilly declared bankruptcy on 06 June 1912. It was hoped that this report would contain lists of equipment, machinery, etc. sold from 295 Oxford Street to pay off creditors. It does not. It is purely a financial document listing amounts recovered from debtors and paid out to bondholders and creditors.

The list of creditors being paid a limited amount on their debt (in addition to the usual water, gas bills) is interesting. The companies include:
. .-- Eley
. .-- Kynoch
. .-- Holloway - SN 35614, one of the last guns serial numbered by Reilly, also has a Holloway SN. See Chapter XII. Death of EM Reilly; Decline and Fall 1890-1918; 91. 1904-1912: Reilly Reduced to Finishing Guns Bought in the White?
Remington
. .-- Le Personne & Co. - (Belgian gun merchant living in uK: see: https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=611262
. .-- Remington Arms
. .-- Stevens Arms
. .-- Webeley & Scott
. .-- London Small Arms
. .-- Regent shooting ground
etc.

Among the debts recovered is one from Lord Conyngham. This is likely either
1. Lord Victor George Henry Francis Conyngham, 5th Marquess of Conyngham, (1880-1918)
2. Lord Frederick William Burton Conyngham, 6th Marquess of Conyngham (1890-1974) (brother of the 5th)
The Conyngham's were Irish landed nobility.

Selected documents to be posted.
972 1,786,710 Read More
Re: BPS 12 ga 2 1/2 inch shotshells eightbore 04/27/24 01:22 PM
Such a deal, Ollie.
2 248 Read More
Re: Shoots Springing up! DoubleTake 04/27/24 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
That’s great!
Excellent pre reg

I hope 🤞 Mother Nature cooperates for you.

Make sure you post pics.

We’ll get on over and shoot it with us. Promise you won’t have to wear a cheesehead.
18 601 Read More
BPS 12 ga 2 1/2 inch shotshells bushveld 04/27/24 01:16 AM
Today at the Southern Side x Side there was a vendor (ACG Ammo) who was selling BPS (Turkey) 12 ga 2 1/2 inch 24g 6,000 psi shotshells(do not know the velocity) for $140.00/flat of 250.
2 248 Read More
Re: Manufrance Ideal Type Anglais - Comments anyone? graybeardtmm3 04/27/24 12:21 AM
thank you, fab500.....

the earlier lunette gun has a unique (at least to me) stock - lower at "comb" than at heel, with an "ambidextrous" checking pattern....and viewed from the side, an almost "art deco" appearance. i have seen many photos of the lunette guns, but have never had the opportunity to handle one.

best regards,

tom
53 13,323 Read More
Re: Southern Side by Side PALUNC 04/26/24 11:02 PM
Plenty of Foxes there. I looked at an A Grade 20 bore today
6 417 Read More
Re: Southern Side by Side Jimmy W 04/26/24 10:21 PM
Have fun.
6 417 Read More
Re: SxS muzzle loading shotgun Vol423 04/26/24 10:16 PM
I shoot 14 gauge components from Circle Fly in my 15 gauge MH Blood ML. My gun was made in Memphis, TN with Osborne barrels. It's a left handed SxS restored for me by MV Highsmith late of Memphis.
19 929 Read More
Re: Southern Side by Side eightbore 04/26/24 10:12 PM
South of the Mason Dixon Line.
6 417 Read More
Re: Southern Side by Side Jimmy W 04/26/24 09:36 PM
Sounds great!! Good luck.
6 417 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.