April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Longknife, SKB, DaveB, fullandfuller, Jem Finch, 1 invisible), 1,173 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,843
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Super Diana 28 Gauge CJ Dawe 04/20/24 11:53 AM
Nice stockwork
9 404 Read More
Re: Advantages of a Lefever over a Smith? Drew Hause 04/20/24 10:54 AM
Pre-1913 Smiths were listed with some gradation of English Walnut, and French Walnut on higher grades

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
36 1,224 Read More
Re: Conversion - from pin-fire or percussion gun? Argo44 04/20/24 03:17 AM
To finish this inquiry, these questions were really raised at last September Vintegers' shoot in Pennsylvania when I looked over a John Dickson central-fire dated per his records from 1865. On holding it I immediately said "converted pin-fire" and was met with hostility. The records proved me wrong. "Amazing Grace " - "I was blind, now I see" comes to mind something more experienced English gun observers would laugh at.

https://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=635255
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
10 471 Read More
Re: New WC Scott Jimmy W 04/20/24 01:41 AM
4 334 Read More
Re: L.C. Smith Pre-1913 Jimmy W 04/20/24 01:22 AM
I have 1901 for the 10 and 12 gauge (non-ejector). The year 1900 ended at 105917 for the 10 and 12 gauge (non-ejector). The serial numbers in 1901 went up to 111681 for that year. So, 1901 is correct.
9 179 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK Jimmy W 04/20/24 01:06 AM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] This carries four boxes of 12 gauge if you want to carry something smaller.
19 908 Read More
Re: Please Consider a Donation to BBS ChiefC 04/19/24 11:57 PM
Dave, new to site, a little something sent via wifes paypal Charci cause I havent a clue where she stashes all my money :-)

ChiefC
17 10,557 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Reduced! 1892 Lefever "G" Grade 12ga, 30" Damascus Recoil Rob 04/19/24 08:20 PM
Steve, I sent you a message about shipping info and you removed yourself from the conversation, what's up?
5 649 Read More
Re: Browning Superposed Field Rib? John Roberts 04/19/24 07:52 PM
I've owned probably 10-12 solid rib Superposeds, both 12 and 20 gauge, and all of them were Grade 1 field guns. They were usually 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 14 1/4 to a Browning buttplate, with a few being 2 3/8 at the heel. Maybe one had 2 1/4 d@h. They ranged from early '50's to early '60's production. It's pretty rare to find one from that time period with less drop than I mention.
JR
4 188 Read More
Re: SxS muzzle loading shotgun Vall 04/19/24 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by Vall
[quote=bsteele]I had a “C Gove and Son Denver Colo” 10ga breech opener for a while. The “& Son” mark began in 1876 and was only for a couple years. It was made by WC Scott on the Purdey second model thumb opener patent. Cool gun with a great name, but at 9+ pounds it was not an upland gun so it went down the road.
Wow!! Beautiful!!

Thanks. Whoever did the restoration did wonderful work. I prefer non restored guns, but can't always be too picky. The set trigger screw was frozen up when I got it, and snapped trying to free it up. Fortunately it's a factory single set, so I was able to order the screw once I got the stub out of the trigger.
14 495 Read More
Re: Internal Server Errors John Roberts 04/19/24 03:02 PM
Only happens to me when I access the site on my Iphone late at night. Doesn't happen on my desktop, which is where I almost always login.
JR
7 438 Read More
Re: What grade D. M. Lefever & Sons keith 04/19/24 02:49 AM
I'd say the gun could be either a Grade 7D or 8E, based upon the engraving and embellishment. There seems to be some overlap between the grades. Going by the serial number of this gun, and the engraved name of the company, along with the "Not Connected With Lefever Arms Co." disclaimer. I would also guess it to be a Syracuse built gun made in 1903. However, this is a trigger plate action, and I'm not sure the trigger plate action guns were built while the new company was still in Syracuse. However, I know of one Grade 9F that also has the "Not Connected With Lefever Arms Co." disclaimer, and the 9F supposedly was not introduced until 1905 when the company was in Bowling Green, Ohio.

The Grade of D.M Lefever Crossbolt guns is sometimes found written in pencil under the grip cap, and less frequently under the buttplate or trigger guard. I have one almost identical to this one, but don't know whether to call it a 7D or 8E grade because it has a semi-pistol grip. My gun also has Damascus barrels.
3 273 Read More
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Stock Duplication---Open-ended Question Stanton Hillis 04/19/24 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Hoot4570
Thanks guys. Of course, I didn't include the entire story---a failing of mine. I bought a complete barreled action for an 1895 Lee Navy. I have been looking for a stock without much luck and had decided to go try and make a pattern stock, getting it duplicated when I finally get there. Then, wonder of wonders, an aftermarket stock shows up over on GB. I was trying to gauge my bid against the cost of duplication.

I appreciate the input!

All things come to him who waits .........
6 287 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: New member Waffen-Krauser Munchen Der Ami 04/19/24 12:22 AM
Marplot,
Microsoft stopped it. Raimey( ellenber) also had a problem, I think. Looking at the new photos above, it looks like Krausser built it around Heym parts. A really nice gun.
Mike
7 252 Read More
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: 1954 Simson Combination ellenbr 04/18/24 11:46 PM
[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

Blue encircled are the A&D Screws.

Purple encircled is the signal indicator / loaded indicator / cocking indicator - signal pin

Yellow encircled is the sideplate/false plate retaining screw.

Red encircled is the crosspin bolt that holds the 2 sideplate in battery.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
6 90 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: A mystery pre-war 30-06 JP Sauer came home today buckstix 04/18/24 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Der Ami
You have mentioned a desire to scope the 8mm and I cautioned against changing the rifle in a way that can't be undone. I have noticed that the front base is dovetailed, and the rear one is screwed down with 4 staked in screws. They can be carefully removed (with screw locations preserved, so that when replaced the stake marks and engraving will match) and a Cerrosafe model of the interior of the bases can be made as samples to duplicate in making new rings. This type ring will be considerably easier to make and fit than Shuler claw mounts would. An important consideration is to ensure the locking lever in the front base doesn't go all the way down and bottom out. If it bottoms out, you don't know if it is tight.
Mike
Hello Mike,
Yes, I will not alter the rifle in any way. In fact I will not even remove the bases. I plan to make a "hook" & a "peg" to precisely fit the bases, and then attach them to some old vintage steel see-thru scope rings that I squirreled away years ago.
14 521 Read More
Re: 20 ga LC Smith Ejector Gun 30" ed good 04/18/24 02:43 PM
see new price...
4 893 Read More
Re: Birmin ham chic ed good 04/18/24 02:42 PM
see new price...
6 1,114 Read More

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.