Brent, here's the Ideal tool you mentioned above. Problem with it as it comes unmodified, the brass finger wad guides don't reach down deep enough for a 2" shell as it is designed for 2.75". Your depicted advertisement showing the tool with a cutaway drawing makes it clearer as to what I mean. The bottom of the lighter colored tube in my photo would need .75" shortening with more metal work to allow it to refit into the base. The gunmetal colored parts of the tool are steel. The lighter colored are aluminum. Old reloading kits included a funnel device with a long tube that encases the hull. The ID of the "funnel" is slightly smaller than the ID of the hull. I believe that would allow a slight compression of the fiber wad which would eliminate snagging of the fiber wad. The NC is easier to manipulate past the hull mouth. I don't have as much problem with fiber wad insertion on freshly cut down paper as I do with once fired cut down paper hulls. Once fired meaning fired one time in 2", not 2 3/4" length before cutting down for 2". My tapered wooden ramming tool does help reshape the mouth tighter. A simpler Straightline device could be easily made from maple stock on a lathe. The brass or plastic wad fingers are easily found on ebay, etc. Gil
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]