If I had to shoot just one gun I would most likely need to drop several things I like to shoot. I could do most with my model 42 but for all but limited hunting it is not ideal. Guess I could just shoot my 28 gauge model 12 but again it would be a trade off. Could shoot a 20 pump or even a AyA 20 gauge model 4. It is just too limiting to only shoot one. I own multiple guns, to enjoy them all, in limited rolls that are mostly interchangeable. Even my heavy British wild fowl guns would not be great for steady shooting or large volume shooting.

If it comes down to shooting only a 1100, 11/87 or Benelli, as my only choices I might just quit shooting. I like the variety, not the outcome. Bag limits, high score interest have ended for me. I will shoot four rounds of Skeet, with four different guns and not hesitate to change guns even when straight. A couple weeks ago I did just that and dropped four birds in the fourth round for a 96. The 42’s worked well, the Ruger 28 did fine but my AyA 20 failed to finish the hundred. 20 years ago I would have stuck to the streak come what may. Now I just go with the plan and not cry about things. So no single gun for me.