Went to a shop I hadn't been to in a while today on the way home from an unusual "field" job. It was a smaller mom & pop operation that is now being run by the son & his family (& seemingly well-enough). They've always had a slightly better than average selection of older used guns (and lots of other good, used, outdoor stuff too). I was there because I had been planning on consigning a few of my subgauge upland pump guns (Model 12s, 37s, etc.) to pay for the next potential acquisition. Long story short, the place was dripping with guns...and not all the usual plastic "crap" (although there was plenty of that there still too). A very decent LC Smith Featherweight Field grade 16 ejector, an A grade 16 Fox, a Remington solid-ribbed Model 17, and even an uncut .30-40 Craig-Jorgensen was on display and for very reasonable money. I don't remember ever seeing this sort-of variety here before now, and there were simply too-many comparable (& similar) guns for me to add my meager examples to the pile. You still don't see these sort of firearms in the big box stores just yet, but...it really made me wonder... is the party over for this type of entry-level gun now? No more "newbies" coming into the used-gun market anymore?

What says the cognoscenti here?