Has anyone here actually had a Damascus or Twist barreled gun blow up? If so, what were the circumstances? Pitted bores or exterior? Nitro factory loads? Mud, snow, dents or other obstructions? God, I hope no one is reading this on a Braille monitor and typing a reply with a prosthetic left hand. I haven't shot any of my Damascus guns yet. No, I did fire a grade 2 L. C. Smith that I bought at a dimly lit gun show that had reblued barrels. They sure looked fluid, even in sunlight. They held with a couple shots of heavy dram equiv. factory loads. I plan to try some of the better ones and certainly the first few shots will be with warmer loads in a gun tied to a tire and fired with a long string. Subsequent shots will likely be with safety glasses and lower PSI loads than my first few. I once had a complete head separation in a M-98 Mauser .22-250. I was T-totally blind for 20-30 minutes and would rather not repeat same. I have a couple Flues Ithaca parts guns with fluid steel barrels that are shredded badly in the forend area. Yet I saw a friend fire many 3" Mag shells in a 2 3/4" (or less) 20 ga. Flues. This could just be one of those areas where prudence and common sense should be the rule.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.