Jakearoo, my apologies. My comments were both reactionary and assanine.
I will now give some examples of how the malpractise system works, whith which I have first hand knowledge.
93 year old man is transported to hospital by ambulance. He has spent the last 12 years in a full care facility. The last 10 years he has been deaf, dumb and blind with no quality of life. Family members rarely visit. At hospital family insists every possible measure be used to preserve life. Man dies anyway. Family sues all physicians who hae seen man in previous 12 months, ambulance service, er physician, hospital and all nurses who paticipated in er. Guess who was paying for nursing home and hospital. Guess how much defense of this suit cost.
Woman is involved in fender bender near hospital entrance. She walks the 100 yards to the er entrance. She reports the accident, asks er to call police and send ambulance. The ambulance is for her so she can claim non existant injury in suit against other driver. Guess who paid for ambulance and er visit.
Woman is told in third trimester her unborn child will have cerebral palsy. Woman sues obgyn claiming the cp was caused during delivery. OBGYN loses big. Malpractise premiums skyrocket so she quits ob practise. Her partners malpractise premiums skyrocket so they quit all ob work to keep costs down. Women all over the area have to find new ob doctor. This is an all female practise. Guess who pays.
Now tell me about the fairness of malpractise law and how it effects the cost of medical care. Peter

Last edited by Peter B.; 02/26/08 01:36 AM.