June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 274 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,552
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just received a notice that beginning January 1, 2008 anyone intending to take a firearm to Argentina must first appear in person at a Argentine consulate with proper papers and be fingerprinted there. The consulates are in New York, Atlanta, Chicago, L.A., Houston, Miami and D.C. This notice is from Safari Club International. This is a BIG change in policy!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great way to limit hunting in Argentina! Some government idiot came up with a great sounding idea and his superiors bought it. We will see how this stands. Either way it will hurt at least short term those headed south to shoot!

Jim

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Same thing the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Hysteria has been doing to visitors arriving here since 2004. They don't even need a firearm to be fingerprinted.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe this is the answer to new American policy re.gun export limitation. Be sure, it's gonna be worth in nearest future.
You can't limit another country citizen rights hoping everything will be just fine. Nope.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't live that far from Chicago to go get the docuemtation but it is one more factor of being a pain to transport guns.

Planning on going to ARG in July for the first time and now I have to do this before the trip as well.

CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are also some proposed changes as far as the use of non toxic ammunition goes, in Cordoba alone there are some 9,800 foreing hunters(shooters)spreading an estimated 900 metric tons of lead anually,...the push for a lead ban is on so enjoy while you still can

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
RPr Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

CJ

Do the really get almost 10,000 shooters in Cordoba every year and does each shooter fire more than 3000 shots?

I new birds were popular but I did not know the were that popular.

RPr

CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, almost 9,000 of them are American, the other 1000 come mostly from Europe,...the numbers of birds are high there are 23 species of "Palomas" (pidgeons) in Argentina and High concentrations in parts of central Argentina can reach as many as 2 million birds every 100 acres,....lots of birds and lots of shooting
Also read something about making the 20 or so outfiters that operate in the province responsible for the clean up because of the soil contamination,...as a lot of these bids are shot over fertile soils with standing crops

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

This will hurt the outfitters very hard, both with a huge loss in business but in the clean up expense. Unfortunately it will also hurt the "pobres" who depend on the doves they are allowed to pick up as a main food staple.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was informed of these rules last year, and applied for the paperwork from the Argentinean embassy. I had to pay 100€ for a document issued by the embassy, which basically said nothing but my name and the serial number of the guns I was taking.
I didn't show the document when clearing customs in BA, and no one asked about it...
I'm going back this year, and just in case, I'll be taking it again.

Argentina hunting laws are tightening and I wouldn't be surprised on a lead ban over wetlands in the near future.
One aspect of Argentine hunting laws that people usually don't look is limits.
There are limits on everything except doves, and there is increased pressure that outfitters respect the legal limits.
The outfitters who advertise no limits on ducks or geese hunts, are being tipped off to the authorities, by the ones who are within the law.
In 2007 an US outfitter in Entre os Rios was closed down, and the hunters had to pay a fine and had their guns seized by the police, because they had a lot more than the 20 ducks per hunter/day as required by law.

HM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.