June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Stanton Hillis, fallingblock, Roundsworth, dukxdog, Lloyd3), 325 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,551
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

House Bill 783 and Senate Bill 558 introduced by State Representative Jay Kaufman (D-15th Middlesex) and State Senator Steven Tolman (D-2nd Suffolk & Middlesex) would create a more restrictive policy regarding the use of "toxic chemicals" in the Commonwealth. Hidden within the proposal from environmental and anti-gun extremists is what amounts to a ban on all common rifle and handgun ammunition.

"The Safer Alternatives Proposals" will create a program to replace ten "chemicals" with what proponents claim are safer alternatives. On the top of the list of targeted substances is lead, the common element used to make virtually all bullets. As proposed, this legislation could virtually shut down all shooting ranges as well as ban the sale and use of lead ammunition for self-defense, hunting and target practice in Massachusetts. Non-lead alternatives exist for ammunition but are significantly more expensive and, in many instances, have sub-standard performance characteristics. Shooting ranges already fall under federal EPA regulations concerning environmental impact and recent science and EPA guidelines show that lead ammunition on shooting ranges can be managed without detrimentally affecting the environment. Predictably, this legislation does not account for the serious impacts on shooting ranges and the sportsmen and gun owners who use them.

Please call or write your State Legislator and respectfully request that the lead ammunition be completely excluded from the scope of the legislation. This step is essential in order to protect the future availability of ammunition commonly used for self-defense, hunting and the shooting sports in the Commonwealth! Contact information for your State Legislator can be found at http://www.mass.gov/legis/.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the info, I will do that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ban Ted Kennedy. Keep lead ammo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When you have heathens running your state - you gotta expect something like this. Can't be much of a shock?

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 01/15/08 07:17 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Born and raised in the Berkshires. I left before my 20th birthday and fortunately had enough sense to never move back. When I visit relatives there I feel like I'm in a foreign country.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

That's OK. Once the polar caps melt, they'll be one of the first ones under water.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All kidding aside, this is a wake up call for sportsman.

I'm not surprised that this State is trying to do this. If it passes however, you can bet other whacked out liberal States will follow suit.

Remember, the liberals and the lefties know that they can't get the guns. The other alternative is the ammunition. This can be accomplished by extreme taxing, and bills like this one under the guise of "environmentally friendly".

As sportsman, we must always remember that they are not out for just military style and or high capacity firearms. The goal is total banishment.

Duck hunters are no more safe than .50 caliber Barrett shooters.

JMHO.

Kind regards,

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, Mass. isn't alone in this. There is movement in other states too. All Fed. WPRs, which we have a lot of them are non tox including turkeys this year. I like bismuth and Kent Matrix, thankfully I bought all I could 3 or 4 years ago on sale. I can't afford to buy it now. Could have a chilling effect on hunting and shooting sports in the next few years.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems that this recent activity by state legislatures to ban lead may have been stirred up by the China products contaminated with lead?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Federal waterfowl areas have been nontox only for quite a few years. As shooters and sportsmen, we need to remain alert to the spread of laws that are far more toxic in their result than the substances they claim to target.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.