May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (damascus, SKB), 610 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,549
Posts546,208
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen,

As much as I hate to ask…I could use a hand. When we moved to the new domain doublegunshop.com our links out there in cyberspace are still keyed up to gunshop.com.
I have been busy addressing the search engines and they will index us shortly.

However, there were over 2000 links from other sites to the old domain name.

So…if in your cyber-travels any of you happen across a gunshop.com link please take a minute and advise the owner of that site to update their linkage. All the previous material is here at doublegunshop.com

Most all paths, files, urls etc will be fine if they remove gunshop.com and put doublegunshop.com in it’s place. The only exception is the BBS which now lives here:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

If they are unsure of the continuity of the link a link to the home page at: http://www.doublegunshop.com would be cool.

Also if you own personal website or are affiliated with some on in the industry; I would appreciate it if you could adjust your links accordingly. For that matter feel free to suggest a link to this site to any one who might be interested.

Some of the most popular links to use are:

doublegunshop.com home page - As always specializing in: Double Guns (SxS Shotguns), Double Rifles, Drillings & Combination Guns:
http://www.doublegunshop.com

The DoubleGun BBS Question and Answer forum for Double Shotguns and Rifles:

The Double Gun Journal:
http://doublegunshop.com/doublegunjournal.htm

Thank you,

Dave Weber

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, I have noticed one thing since we have moved. I always used the first page of the BBS as my home page. That way when I was done surfing the net, I could always go up to my taskbar, click on the "home" button and it would bring me back to the the first page of the BBS. But now since we have moved, when I go up and click on the tools button, then click on "Internet Options", then hit "Current" and try to make the new BBS my home site, it won't work. My computer won't pick it up. After I click on the "Current" button, I click on the "Apply" button it accepts this. That way the first page of the BBS should be my home page again and I should be able to come back to the BBS when I hit the Home button. But whenever I hit my "Home" button after doing all of this, it takes me to a Gunshop.com homesite out in the boonies somewhere. Last night it had real estate and dating services. Tonight the same site has gunsmithing and other gun related items on it. It has a picture of a guy and a girl shooting on the home page.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,
Similarly, when you hit the Make a Donation button on the doublegunshop.com introductory screen, you are taken to the same site that Jimmy W describes above. Believe you need to tweak that link. FYI: When you go to the BBS itself and click on the Make a Donation link, the software takes you to your proper site.
Regards, Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy
Unfortunatly you have a virus or more probably spyware on your computer. The same thing happened to me a few months back. If you don't have a spyware program get Ad-Aware from lavasoft it is free for personal use.

My spyware came onboard with a program that required a Quick-time download.

Mark
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No virus...I missed changing a link...it's fixed now...If any of you experience a similar occurance let me know and I will fix promptly.

As for you taks bar the URL for the main forum summary is:

If you choose to reset your home page to this address it should work just fine.

Thank you!

Last edited by Dave Weber; 10/30/06 08:18 PM.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ta-Daaaa!! Dave, you da man!! Or should I just say- WHO DEY?? WHO DEY?? I just tried it and the same Gunshop.com site came up- but a Norton screen came on and said that my Norton Security was keeping me from changing my home page. So I just corrected the problem. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,

Paypal tells me that you have not picked up my contribution at your new address.

Regards, Tim

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My fault Tim...I just added the new email address (davew@doublegunshop.com) to the PayPal account. Hopefully that will fix it.

I appreciate the donation...

Once again to everybody...if you see any linkage that directs you to gunshop.com please advise the owner of that site that the new address is doublegunshop.com

Thanx!

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave:

I've tried "dave" and "proprietordave" @. . . for donation purpose thru Paypal and haven't succeeded yet. I will try again.

jack

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PayPal address that will work:

davew@doublegunshop.com

david_weber@mindspring.com

Thank you,

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.