ENTNAC . . . that'd be an Entrance National Agency Check, Robert? Wow . . . please impress me with your military intelligence credentials. Well, I'll see your rookie ENTNAC and raise you one each major league TS-SBI. That'd be Top Secret, based on a Special Background Investigation. Still have my copy, Robert, amongst a bunch of other old Army papers. It's the last one I had, DA Form 873. Date final clearance granted: 6 Feb 92. Granted, like all other military TS clearances, by the Central Clearance Facility, Ft. Meade, MD. Had a TS clearance, continuously, from 1968-98, when I retired from the USAR.

And if you want to check the validity of your BS about my background, Robert . . . you can get some confirmation from public sources. Try "Army Intelligence in the Guard and Reserves 1948-1998", Morris Publishing, Kearney, NE. 800-650-7888. If you get a copy, check out p. 115, concerning the Joint Reserve Intelligence Support Element (JRISE). Concerning which: "Colonel Larry Brown, commander of the 469th Strategic MI Detachment based at Fort Snelling, Minnesota, was named as the Acting Director of Joint Operations." So there I am, for anyone to see, in a published (and unclassified) source.

As for working for the CIA . . . how about a letter from the CIA's Publications Review Board, regarding a draft manuscript I submitted to them (as required of all former CIA personnel), and in response to which they say: "The Board has identified information in your manuscript which, if published by you, could hamper the Agency's ability to perform its intelligence collection functions. As an acknowledged former CIA officer . . . "

By way of calling your bluff on my background, Robert, I'd be more than willing to provide copies of those documents (and others) to any neutral party participating on this board. Not nice to call someone a liar, Robert. Something all too common in cyberspace, I find . . . much less common in "real" space.

As for having owned a Gastinne Renette . . . in fact, I've owned two shotguns so marked. One the aforementioned Petrik, which I subsequently sold to a REAL French shotgun expert named Gary Murphy (who did an article on French shotguns for Double Gun Journal). The other a boxlock. I'm sure some folks here know Gary Murphy, who would confirm the Petrik provenance (which I got from New England Arms before they went out of business). I'd give you Gary's phone number, Robert, but I wouldn't want him to be bothered by you.

You talk about backing things up with "reference", but the "reference" you cite as proof that Charlin made Darne-patent guns doesn't say that at all. Once more, you want to PROVE that Charlin made guns on the Darne patent . . . show us a Darne patent gun marked Charlin. Simple enough. Just like the "L'Abielle" you claimed to have, which turned out to be a "L'Abeille". And once again, when you get it wrong, you can't bring yourself to simply say "Woops, I goofed". You've got to attack the people that straightened out your mistakes.

Robert, you're one of those guys who, when in a hole, asks for a shovel so he can keep digging deeper. You're in way over your head--once again.