JC,
To quote yourself..."Post 71542: "it's an old Caunier catalog that clearly shows what's currently accepted as a 1894 patent Darne but made by Charlin."

Who said that I accept the 1894 patent Darne concept? I was refuting it, not as though I knew it to be false, but from the perspective of a "Devil's Advocate"...all I wanted was some technical reasoning...or something to substantiate the concept...like a catalog or a book reference or insight from a real Darne collection...if you can't substantiate it...it's not a nugget.

Did you say that Cauniers actually made the gun on page 15? I can't read that...but that's definitely the St. Etienne boxlock action that I mentioned earlier...If what you say is correct, that would make Caunier a finishing house as well a vendor.

Beagle,
I know it's unlikely but we still don't know if the company "L'Abeille" used the trade name Abeille on their contract fixed guns or not...I've been trying wangle a L'Abeille catalog from a guy for a year and I may get it (he knows I have a 16ga)...if you stay in touch, it may shed some light on your gun...this is about the closest my info is going to get you in understanding your gun, but keep an eye on the new patent thread, for clues to your gun, as we dissect the fixed barrel evolution one click at a time

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 12/17/07 12:00 AM.