Nuts to the toothless, J.C.? Boy does that fit? However, I can get my dentures around a bit of the Indo-European with just a bit of help from context. It's hard enuf to gum some of this stuff in the point-counterpt. format (for instance Drew's 400+ response thread on the "decorative arts" wellsprings of taffy-barrels) without having the evidence manipulated. Ted S. has stated before that Regis Darne (or Bruchet, not quite sure in my toothless condition) manufactured some latter-day Charlin sliding breech doubles. I've always assumed that those guns would have the over-center tensioner on the toggle and the "pineapple" safety lever. Our neighbor in Easton cuts to the core of the matter: whatever a paper chase thru the patent offices may allow in the way of speculation, must find Charlin-produced Darne gun to make that speculation more than smoke and mirrors.

Is there an illustration of "the Charlin" in your catalog, Robert. Like to see it as physical protruberances and pins mean a good deal to yokels such as myself.

Yes Joe, more than nasty enuf!

jack