OK...this conversation is moving on without TED...

here's catalog photo of a 1929 Charlin with the toggle lock axel...The axel appears in the Charlin patent drawings as far back as 1904 GB29433...

I really have no time to address all the mis??? disinformation ... I really don't want to spend any time proving that Ted has his hat on backwards...but if I don't, and simply answer the question at hand, the experts will denounce my information as "wrong" without a single bit of evidence to back it up.

When the catalogs of the era and the patent records of the era don't match up with the notions of this boards most esteemed members...what am I supposed to do...alter the data to fit their notions?

I'm not saying that I'm correct in my assessment of Darne/Charlin history...but the patent record and the catalogs can't just be ruled out...

Are you starting to see why it's so difficult to post data at this system? After you've done all the work of researching, and all the work of posting...these guys come out and say "naw, that's wrong" and walk away...

There's no harm and no shame in addressing the truth...when someone takes the time to set the record straight after several heaping helpings of "oats once through the horse" have been left behind, it's hardly the time to complain by saying "I don't like the tone of your words"

It's OK if you don't like my tone, I don't like your oats, and that's OK too

in other words, when you're activley stonewalling someone...to say that you don't like their tone is like adding insult to injury...and you know it

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 12/14/07 10:53 AM.