Casey,
Once you take over the thread with any alternate motive, especially something ego driven, you should have the answer at hand.
Besides, when a customer of Dave Weber's comes here for information (usually about a gun that they own), they have a right as consumers to at least read the information available. Larry and Ted have pretty much told him his gun is dead and to "leave it where you found it" ...that it's not worth having it restocked....Larry says "Ted's comments about restocking make a lot of sense."

About the only nugget of real information that can be taken to the bank so far is that sliders sometimes came with a one piece stock and somtimes a two piece stock.

It hasn't even been determined if the gun is of Darne or Charlin lineage. You can't just say It's a "Darne" (based on an inflated opinion of myself/yourself), you should say, it's a "Darne" because only the Darnes had a particular feature that's right there on your gun. If no one else can counter your observation on a Charlin, then the customer comes away with info based in reasoning and knowledge.

It just doesn't seem right that the guy wanted to know more about his gun and all he got was "it's dead, don't touch it" ...and "pay no attention to the other members who speak out of turn, we'll teach them a lesson"

And Beag goes off never learning about his gun...

Face it, Beag is just collateral damage to you some of you guys...you don't even care if he gets a truthful answer...tell me I'm wrong...did anyone other than myself even try to address the question Beag presented ...Who made this gun?

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 12/13/07 07:19 PM.