June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (David Williamson, Marks_21, Jeremy Pearce, battle, LeFusil, eightbore), 437 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,579
Posts546,640
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
....Where ya been craig?
Current events prof. I never would have thought the King of Jordan would have gotten such a bewildered expression, watching jo meander around behind him, in a show of solidarity, containing palistinianterrorism. No prof, I like the way jo would use the big pile of classified documents, to gauge if his old 'Vette cleared the garage door, huh?

2 members like this: John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by Tim in PA
It seems whenever the discussion drifts to climate change, the temperature goes up. As a skeptic, I'm willing to give the believers a chance to change my mind.

Here is a graph of the holocene from "historyoftheuniverse.com". It's easy to understand, and I'm assuming it was compiled by scientists, so it should be accurate.

[Linked Image from historyoftheuniverse.com]

Now, you say our climate is changing, I won't disagree, just answer two questions.

1) Please show me where on the graph our climate is supposed to be.
2) How long can we expect our correct climate to remain correct?

Buuuut, Tim, that isn’t THEIR graph!

Their’s has a hockey stick in it. No mistaking the global warming, never mind your conflicting data.

Best,
Ted
don'
??

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/19/24 10:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] If you are going to discuss global warming, you need to discuss what is causing it. 97% of the scientists in the world today will tell you it is CO2 levels. Since the CO2 levels are off the chart today, we have just had the hottest year on record. And as Roger Revelle, one of the pioneers in global warming studies told us, they act together. That is how Al Gore got involved in global warming studies. Roger Rovelle was his college professor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Look on the chart where studies have proven that CO2 levels are today.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
It seems whenever the discussion drifts to climate change, the temperature goes up. As a skeptic, I'm willing to give the believers a chance to change my mind.

Here is a graph of the holocene from "historyoftheuniverse.com". It's easy to understand, and I'm assuming it was compiled by scientists, so it should be accurate.

Now, you say our climate is changing, I won't disagree, just answer two questions.

Their’s has a hockey stick in it. No mistaking the global warming, never mind your conflicting data.

Best,
Ted
I don't see how this chart shows anything. 12,000 years and you are talking about the history of the universe? Ha-ha!!

The point of the chart wasn't to show anything, and I wasn't talking about the history of the universe, I was just hoping to get some coherent answers. Instead I get some childish deflection. If that's a representative example of your ability to collect your thoughts, why would any rational person give any weight to anything you say?

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] This chart shows the same readings as Roger Rovelle's studies. This is the rise in CO2 levels and temperture levels is just during this generation as the population has grown from 2.5 billion to over 8 billion. So who knows?

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/18/24 11:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Look on the chart where studies have proven that CO2 levels are today.

Your CO2 charts are nice, but could you try answering my original two questions?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your CO2 charts are nice, but could you try answering my original two questions?

I do not believe you would or could get those answers from a single one of the kool aid slurps…

Best of luck to you.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Best,
Ted
I don't see how this chart shows anything. 12,000 years and you are talking about the history of the universe? Ha-ha!!

The point of the chart wasn't to show anything, and I wasn't talking about the history of the universe, I was just hoping to get some coherent answers. Instead I get some childish deflection. If that's a representative example of your ability to collect your thoughts, why would any rational person give any weight to anything you say?
???

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/19/24 10:03 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sorry. But it says, historyoftheuniverse.com. And the chart only goes to 12,000 years. What else am I supposed to think? 😊 One guy on here- not too long ago, tried to use the Petrified Forest as an example that there was no global warming. So, when I went to the Petrified Forest website to read about it, like he told me to do, it said on their website that they were changing all their vehicles to battery powered vehicles and low emission vehicles because green house gases cause global warming. When I pointed this out to him, he threatened to report me to Dave. Ha-ha! So, that's all I'm going to say on the subject. That's the way I believe and I have shown why. Good luck.[/quote]

You're supposed to think I was asking you two questions about the earth's temperature since the end of the last ice age, that's all. No where was I talking about the "history of the universe", if you notice, it was in quotation marks and followed by ".com", that was simply a reference so you know where the graph came from. It's not that difficult.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.