Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately we have a covid at home.

Here is a short article translated from the newspaper about Dusek and Opočno, I will add what my great-grandfather wrote about him and a photo.

On the photo is the great-grandfather's top row on the left, I will send by email.

Unfortunately the photos of Teichman's workshop are only at my grandfather's, as I stitch it up I will scan and add.

Frantisek DUSEK

One of the largest companies in Opočno is DUO, whose origins are connected with the name of František Dušek. An incredible 110 years have passed since then - on 22 November 1904 František was issued a licence to operate a gunsmithing business. This day marked the beginning of the journey that led to the world-famous DUO Opočno brand.

František Dušek was born in 1877 in Černilov. He learned the gunsmith's trade under Master Hojný in Smiřice. In Opočno he set up a workshop for weapons, bicycles and sewing machines. With his own brand of bicycles "Bohéma" he was successful throughout the Habsburg Monarchy. He also started to manufacture weapons - hunting rifles, DUO pistols and air rifles. Even though gunsmithing was not a tradition in the family (his father was an innkeeper), František Dušek managed to build a business in Opočno that provided a livelihood for a large number of employees. During the Second World War he employed up to 300 people - some of them only to save them from total deployment; he paid full wages to the families of those arrested.

According to the memories of the survivors, František Dušek was a man who knew how to work, consider, decide and help. A man who respected his employees and treated them accordingly. He also planned to build two houses. The first was to be divided into a business-administrative part and a residential part for employees, the second was to serve as an apprenticeship school with a boarding house for future apprentices - riflemen. However, it did not make it. In 1948, the company was nationalized, the family was deprived of all its property and František Dušek lived in complete poverty in Olešnice in the Orlické Mountains.