Originally Posted by Buzz
Bad luck for Bob....the 1st stock could not be repaired?

I'd call it Karma.

And a cursory look at the picture of the first attempted replacement stock (2000 1-H, left side view) clearly shows a strong potential for hitting a knot or inclusion near the upper tang area. The blank did not need to become firewood. It would have been better suited for another type of firearm. The importance of closely examining all six sides of a stock blank during the selection process has been repeated here countless times. That isn't a tiny pin knot, and it looks as if it reared its' head before cutting very deep below the surface. Signs of that sizable knot were likely evident in the top of the blank at the time of purchase, and before duplicating began.

I know some stock blank sellers will offer to replace wood that has serious hidden flaws. But I wonder how one recovers the added expense of shipping, and set-up time for the duplicating that was aborted. I suppose that's all negligible compared to the total cost of the job.

The good news is that neither blank changed into an entirely different species of walnut while in the duplicator, as we saw several years ago in another Thread. So no need to notify the Vatican of a miracle!

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=559819&page=1

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.