Originally Posted by Jiri Bihunec
Dear Stephen,

thank you very much for your kind message, the link I sent is a story about my grandfather, who is the son of a gunsmith. I added it mainly for the gun photo. My grandfather was apprenticed to Mr. Dusek in Opočno. From Opočno he went to apprenticeship in Poděbrady to a master who was a pupil of Faukner. In 1934 he became independent and bought a gunsmith's shop in Olomouc from the gunsmith Presker. Among his most important clients was the Liechtenstein family from Šterberk (prince Johannes).

The weapon which is in the Czech Republic I had in my hand, I will be glad to send you photos. I'm sorry the gentleman won't give it back or sell it when these guns were illegally confiscated from us.

Here is my email: jiribihunec@gmail.com, if you are interested, I can send you more photos of weapons my grandfather made, he was also active in writing articles.

If you're interested in anything about him, I'll be happy to write it all down.

Best regards.

Jiri

Dear Jiri;

I am going to email you just now. Your description of your grandfather reinforces what I thought that he was a gunsmith with exceptional skills where he produced the best quality guns and rifles. That his clients included royal and noble families of Europe is further indication of his abilities. I very much want to see the photos as I know Raimey and the other readers wish to see as well. We will post the photos here when I receive them from you.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell
Blythewood, South Carolina USA
lowveldt@truvista.net