June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (graybeardtmm3, Argo44), 225 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,458
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I’ll take the retired English gunmakers advice, rather than the retch from the idiot who blows up Springfields, thank you.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: keith
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's cold Ted lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
That's cold Ted lol

What's cold is Ted's empty larder. No luck filling it with imaginary wad-killed grouse shot with guns that won't shoot where they point.

But then again, I haven't blown up a Springfield in at least a week. Actually, I've never blown up a Springfield, but that's another detail Ted can't get right. Poor bastard.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My brother killed a dove with a wad.craziestvtjing I have ever seen.didnt know someone else had done that

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
My brother killed a dove with a wad.craziestvtjing I have ever seen.didnt know someone else had done that

He didn’t believe it when I said I did it when I was a kid. A few people have told me they have seen it. He still needs to get out more. My only point, from that discussion, was that grouse aren’t that hard to kill, something I stand by, obviously. They aren’t.

I’ve seen a few guns that for sure didn’t shoot where anybody looked. One was an A5 Light 12. One was a Red Label. One was a Gold Label. I also know of a Winchester model 100 in .308/with a flaw in the rifling that won’t hit the target, much less the bull at 100 yards. But, all these guns are exceptions, not the rule.

My Darnes shoot just fine, as do my other guns.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve shot limits upon limits of chukars, Doves, sharptails, ruff grouse, ptarmigan, blue grouse, California quail, huns and bobwhites, pheasants, with my Darnes. None of them EVER had a regulation issue, and only 2 of them (my current Darne included) were built as southpaw guns. The only birds I haven’t shot a bunch of while using the Darnes has been waterfowl. Only because I’ve never taken a Darne waterfowling.
So, I’ll proclaim with the utmost confidence that BrentD always has been and always will be…..a weapons grade retard.

Dustin

2 members like this: keith, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by mc
That's cold Ted lol

What's cold is Ted's empty larder. No luck filling it with imaginary wad-killed grouse shot with guns that won't shoot where they point.

But then again, I haven't blown up a Springfield in at least a week. Actually, I've never blown up a Springfield, but that's another detail Ted can't get right. Poor bastard.

Funny, says right here you blew a Springfield up:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=446119&page=1

Puts you in rare company.

Not good company, however.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: keith, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
I’ve shot limits upon limits of chukars, Doves, sharptails, ruff grouse, ptarmigan, blue grouse, California quail, huns and bobwhites, pheasants, with my Darnes. None of them EVER had a regulation issue, and only 2 of them (my current Darne included) were built as southpaw guns. The only birds I haven’t shot a bunch of while using the Darnes has been waterfowl. Only because I’ve never taken a Darne waterfowling.
So, I’ll proclaim with the utmost confidence that BrentD always has been and always will be…..a weapons grade retard.

Dustin

Carry on...

Your Darnes may have shot well, but the one I bought - it used to be Ted's - did not overlap patterns from the two barrels, regardless of the ammo used. Ted knows this. I sent him the pattern photos years ago.

The retard is the guy that has a gun that he claims he not to know is unregulated.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by mc
That's cold Ted lol

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=446119&page=1

Best,
Ted

Interesting. I don't see the word springfield anywhere in that post. Do you?

Why don't you come grouse hunting with me this week? Let's see what you can do. My guess is you can't keep up with a 100 yrs old dog.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by mc
That's cold Ted lol

Best,
Ted

Interesting. I don't see the word springfield anywhere in that post. Do you?

Why don't you come grouse hunting with me this week? Let's see what you can do. My guess is you can't keep up with a 100 yrs old dog.

I've read quite a few articles and book chapters that discussed the heat treatment problems with some "Low Number Springfield Model of 1903 Rifles" Among the best of the books was William S. Brophy's "The Springfield 1903 Rifles". All of them go on to detail the serial number range in which the problematic rifles were found, both by Springfield Arsenal and Rock Island Arsenal. Later on, 03-A3 Springfields were also built by Smith Corona and Remington.

The CMP or Civilian Marksmanship Program has been responsible for selling military surplus rifles for many decades. On their Information Page is found a WARNING ON “LOW-NUMBER” M1903 SPRINGFIELDS--- which also goes on to inform the serial number range of the potentially defective rifles by the two arsenals that built them.

The Nutty Professor sold most of the remains of his blown up rifle (except for the fragments which presumably are still lodged in his head). He blamed everything except his own carelessness for the blow-up.

It seems to me that the time to be a stickler for little details would be during reloading, when you are dropping an overload of 5744 powder into a case. It all makes me wonder if that Darne that is alleged to be poorly regulated was simply patterned with carelessly reloaded ammo.

Now he's telling Ted he has a 100 year old dog. Anything to side-step and change the subject. That's pretty amazing when the Guiness Book of Records is investigating the probable false claim of the oldest dog, which was said to have lived to age 31. I wonder how old the Nutty Professor is in Libtard years???

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.