It just goes to show you how funny people are. Some wouldn't buy a gun if it was sleeved. If you shot the gun well, it fit you perfectly, the sleeve job was done correctly and it was a great gun in your opinion, why would it matter? I see people on here showing pictures of the great hunting adventures they have and the game that they take with a sleeved gun and it matters to others that it was sleeved? The gun works well for him, so what matters? I am the same way I guess. I gasp when I see a nice Model 12 with a Simmons rib and the word SIMMONS down the side of the rib. It reminds me of the car dealer who just HAD TO put that gooey sticker on the truck of the car with his name on it. I make them remove the sticker before I buy the car. Put a license plate frame on the car with your name on it. You get the same results. And make it MY choice if I want to advertise for you. I'd rather have a gun with a rib instead of one without a rib. Just my preference. It helps me shoot better, I believe. Others don't need one. So, maybe people are just afraid a sleeved gun wasn't done properly. Or it's just a matter of taste, I guess. Or the resale value is deteriorated. If you have a love for the gun, go ahead and spend a little money on it. It's your baby isn't it? That's the way I look at it.