Originally Posted by mc
I enjoy the technical changes on guns from 1870s through 1900 and I shoot the ones I have.where I live there is almost zero interest ,at local gun shows you might see one sxs I guess there is no tradition here even though everyone here is from some where else.
I am finding the same thing. Not only are there less SXSs but the shows are getting smaller and smaller with less quality of guns. I recently started a thread about the National Gun Day Gun Show in Louisville, Kentucky. I noticed as soon as I got there that they had moved the gun show to another room- a much smaller room, because there were fewer dealers and customers. I like Model 21s. I used to see 25-30 at that show. This time I saw 8-10, if that many. And about 1/2 as many tables. I hadn't been to that show in probably 10 years. The gun stores aren't that interested in stocking SXSs because most people today are younger people and they want automatic handguns and AR-15 type assault weapons. I guess I was the same way when I was younger. Only it was a .357 and .44 magnum revolver and Elmer Keith. Now it is Model 21s.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 10/29/23 12:55 AM.