Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I can't get the ACTIVs to load on my MEC. When I reload, all that is available to me are Cheddite primers. And they don't go all the way into the ACTIV hulls. About one out of every ten jams up my machine and with the primer hanging out-- they jam up and makes the wheel keep from rotating. So, for now I have to stop reloading them until I get different primers. But that's okay. I have a zillion Nitro 27s and a garbage bag full of the old AAs. The Cheddites work fine in them. And the new/never fired Winchester Super Targets stick in my Ljutic and it doesn't extract them. If it isn't one thing............:(

These were loaded a while ago with Win 209s. I still have a few hundred for select hunting loads.

The cases seem to have a lot of volume, which is required for Blackpowder, and they don't burn through easily like Cheddite plastic or become quickly crispy at the case mouth like Winchesters. Much more volume than WAAs in my opinion, but I've not measured them in direct comparison. The other nice feature is that, if you throw the fired hulls back into the ziplock with the loaded hulls, they will not corrode the heads of the shells. Even brass-washed steel heads on conventional cases will corrode with enough humidity and the fumes off of those fired hulls.

I handload all of mine like they are competition-grade rifle shells. For hunting, that's not a big deal, but I wouldn't want to load for clays like that. They are all finished with a roll crimp.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]