The reason that Remingtons have become second class citizens is solely based in supply vs demand, and the current prices reflect poorly the level of quality and workmanship your receiving. What do you suppose they would cost if Remington chose to resume production in the way they did with Parker?
Here's a better description that more af you will relate to...exactly 30 yrs ago, when I got double fever, it was tough to find a "roached out" LC Smith for $400 unless you didn't mind one with a cracked stock....back then, 6.5 Arisakas cost $40 all day long...NOW...I can still get a sound, but well used 12ga LC Smith for around $400, while those same Arisaka fence posts are now fetching $300...Yeah! from those guys that brought you Pearl Harbor!...
When a doublegun nut can still get a sound feild grade LC Smith for around $400, who is going to pay much past $350 for a field model 1894? This is the mechanics of a currenlty undervalued item

Reb,
I don't agree with researcher's statement about prolonging the death of other companies...it was the advent of the Ithaca Flues model that brought about the demise of the Remington SxSs...in fact Ithaca's rise to greatness didn't begin until a year or two before Remington ceased production of their SxSs...the end of the double shotgun era didn't come about for several decades and wars later.
Oh yeah, good point about the Remington acquiring Parker Gun Co...that speaks louder than words

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 10/18/07 11:03 PM.