Unless I mistake, stocks, receivers and possibly barrels have all been overlaid with carbon fiber composite. The fact that the chosen resin is transparent and the roving pattern visible IDs the material and the construction method. How many would choose such a gun based on aesthetics? OK, some of us would as the appearance attests novelty and being the first on your block etc.

It is interesting that so much of the current aesthetic limits decoration in favor of seamless, smooth all-of-a-piece surfaces--huge extrusions, acres of plate glass, undifferentiated chunks of polymer. Too bad. I've always thought that gunhammers should look like cocks or sea dragons and windoors should have many tiny bottle bottom "lights", preferably about 12 over 12.

Pete brings up the inability to see beyond your experience. Railway coaches initially looked precisely like a coach without the four but with a single "iron horse" out front.

I don't see any problem with blades being laminar and barrels not being merely laminar. If once upon a time in the west someone applied the word Damascus to a "state-of-art" technology, they were certainly paying tribute to its co-opted antecedents in furrin parts.

jack