Revdocdrew, PeteM, Utahshotgunner, REB87, dbad,775,DH,Brockway,Rocketman and many others had put a great many hours of researching, digesting, and posting to assemble one of the most comprehensive studies on damsacus barrel history known. Not to mention all the photography and picture hosting hours spent by many members. You can't get this stuff anywhere else but here, and that is why this issue should be addressed. Lowell's and Joe's damaging posts undermine the efforts of all who have contributed, and some have contributed heavily. Did Lowell even notice Rev's thesis size contribution before he flew in? We owe to the acedemic contributors to keep these social butterflies at bay.
I thought I was adding to the understanding of damascus by giving notice of an upcoming episode of PBS Nova about the the damascus sibling, samurai steel. Apparently this was non-technical enough to give these members an inroad into Rev's carefully constructed thread. For that, I apologize to everyone who spilled their research hours into that thread, especially Rev.