June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (susjwp, eeb, SKB, 1 invisible), 416 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,587
Posts546,761
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wikipedia is one of the great resources of the modern age. It is under continuous evaluation and monitoring and change - and is never final authority (but then is anything?). It is a crowd-based resource...but WHAT A RESOURCE. You could have a wall of encyclopedias and not approach the amount of information in that one site. I contribute a few dollars to it every year. Gene

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I always enjoy seeing images of classic Remington shotguns. They had some nice wood on them for production guns that's for sure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
[quote=John E]Here is a list of buyers:

Parker Shotguns - JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)

Incorrect sir - The production of the Parker shotgun by Remington Arms ceased at the onset of WW-II and aside from assembling a small number of Parker shotguns from leftover parts at the end of the war, that was the end of Parker shotguns as far as manufacturing was concerned. Remington, however, still owned the name Parker, Parker Shotguns, the Parker Gun, and anything associated with the marque (name) of Parker as it pertains to those things. So... JJE Capitol Holdings, LLC now owns the marque and anything associated with it... as I understand it.

Remington sourced bespoke Parker 28ga guns from CSMC in the last decade. I believe Remington was still the legal manufacturer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Remington sourced bespoke Parker 28ga guns from CSMC in the last decade

Was that when they built one or two pieces to show off and tease us about the return of the Parker Gun? I sort of remember seeing pics online and I think the gun was attributed to Remington at the time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know about the shotguns, but Remington had a period in the late 90s or early 2000s where they make "custom" rolling blocks fitted out with fancy felt-lined, leather-trimmed case and fancy wood, etc. They were junk that was just short of dangerous to the shooter. They looked good in the 10-foot test, but in your hands, it was hideously obvious how bad they were. How/who made them I do not know. I assumed Remington proper, but they may have been outsourced.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I'd put my older Belgie mfg. A-5 12 against any gas operated Remmie self-loading shotgun. Just like with the: M-1 Garand, BAR, M-14 US military rifles with a gas piston, fouling often occurs after repetitive firing, whether from a fox-hole or a duck blind.RWTF

Even as far back as 1968, those Remington gas guns (Sportsman 58 and Model 1100) proved pretty reliable for Chief Buntrock and Tommy Heffron!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.