Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Robert,
Welcome back, I hope you are well.

I think Flues finished off a bunch of guns just to make a living.
Various forms pop up every so often.

Always nicely finished.

Clapper,
Thank you...your observation is correct...Flues did in fact finish off many guns...one Marlin and one Ballard...and at least 62 Parker upgrades for a guy named Brobiel (?SP) of Brobiel & Canazzi marina at the historic Commodore Perry site...it has also been reported that he did many Parker upgrades for members of the Cherry Hill Country Club (Canada)...all this took place from c1930 - 1948 when he was found collapsed at the bus stop across from his shop on Niagara St...his shop was a two story bldg attached to Brobiel & Canazzi Marina..Paul Brobiel told me that when his father died (Emil's 18 year employer) that he sold 62 "fake" Parkers and one real Parker to one southern California person" Which we now call Pachmyer upgrades...at least some of them....None of the guns discussed here are of imported actions...when Flues imported an action it was the whole gun, German proof marks and all, it's a well known fact that when Flues was crowded out of Ithaca Gun Co in 1909 that a Ithaca executive provided him with a good supply of Krupp steel barrels so that he could resume his livelihood as before he was asked to uproot his family and move to Ithaca...the gun being discussed...hope this link works...

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101375626

note the ejector axles on the left and right sides of the fore end wood is like Linder's steel eye ejector axles also note that the Manufrance Ideals rising bite is controlled by a trigger bow lever and this Flues shotgun is top lever lock up...a complete departure from the Manufrance design...I think the Ideal rising bite
lock up is older than this gun

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 05/14/20 12:19 AM.