FYI, "Rudyard," a NZ muzzle loading gun expert formerly from Sheffield many years ago helped me with Reilly 5512. He sent SN's of three Reilly's he'd owned and included this note. If you want to discuss it with him further, you could go to https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com or I could ask him for you. From the looks of it, per Boothroyd, a "ledger" exists somewhere of Henry SN's.

The Purdeys snap Thumb hole double 12 Central fire being much worn by the Keeper? is very hard to read the rib . I agree its more common to have the Pistol grip on a rifle but the barrel is normal 12 bore gun . .While UK tastes useually run to the Strieght hand stock many half pistol seem to be preffered in the Colonies . Not to say it might have had a rifled barrel option when sent out .( I do this with my own made guns ) . If you had the records ?.The Gold Escution with its H P maybe R insignia might record the buyer .. I had a Alex Henry Falling Block number 1922 450 3 & a quarter BP Express Geoffery Boothroyde got me a copy from the Ledger . it was sold to Victor Alexander Grosvenor . I later sold it to his Grace Westminster , Though he died recently. He I never met, All dealings via the Keeper . acting as his factotum . Perhaps Rielly have surviveing Ledgers ? . Ever pleased to oblige What Auction did the Rielies sell in what date ? I will write up an appeal for Rielly gun details for the 'Gazette' the Antigue Arms Asscn journal No saying what might pop up any true collector will want to know more & hopefully support your singularly usefull reasearches . I could run it by you ere I send it on. Regards Maurice

Last edited by Argo44; 08/11/19 09:53 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch