Originally Posted By: [censored]
Bob here's what a Browning collector sent me after reading your thread . I'm posting it with his permission.

Quote:

The whole thing is, less than 50 super light Pointer 28 ga were factory made. Collectors know superlights were not salt. Now, there's another one. Upgrades of rare pieces diminish the sanctity of factory original. He's making it a superlight so no one will question the salt. Rare guns like that were not always recorded by browning. So, who is to say it's not factory original when it's done. These upgrades serve to dilute the rarity and splendor and sanctity of the factory original.

End of quote...does "sanctity" matter bOb ?

bOb I sure hate you sold that really nice model 21 Winchester to finance this unsanctimonious project.

sanc·ti·ty
noun
noun: sanctity; plural noun: sanctities

the state or quality of being holy, sacred, or saintly.

jOe, get a grip. It's a gun, made by the hand of man.
There is nothing holy, sacred, or saintly about it.

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
adjective derogatory
adjective: sanctimonious

making a show of being morally superior to other people.

jOe, you've shown yourself to be one of if not thee most ethically and morally bankrupt contributors on the board.
You can't be trusted therefore you trust no one. Read my lips, I don't need the money.

Sanctimonious describes people like you, not things like guns or projects to restore them.

As far as your use of the word "unsanctimonious",
let's just call it a Freudian slip on your part and I'll accept it as a quasi-compliment. Thanks.