Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
John, congrat's, that is a very nice display. Thanks for your efforts. The Black Beauty is a fine example of that Grade, especially since , at the time, it was Baker's low price leader at around $20. It still had a wonderful finish as you can see...

Thank you very much Daryl.. You were a great help on my pursuits. My Black Beauty was listed on GunBroker as a Baker four-ten. It sold cheap and arrived with a pair of Savage "Four-Tenner" inserts. The 12 ga bores are as new. Win/Win!

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist

Your group of New Bakers is a good teaching lesson. Do you have examples of the earliest New Bakers from about 1887 to 1991 ? Different mechanisms, of course.

I am still looking for examples of the early New Baker with the under bolting, both Syracuse and Batavia.

In reference to the Case colors: I normally don't like the effect of cyanide patterns or colors on the early American doubles but Folsom was doing something right. I have not found any Crescents that I would compare to them.

Thank you to all that have given kind words. It has been a marvelous journey and so much more to learn.

John