A little OT...but I'm not a Turkey hunter and never have been. But Thanksgiving Day 1968, twin brother and I freshly back from Vietnam, all the aunts and uncles came up to Tuscaloosa. We were directed to take the young cousins out of the house on Thanksgiving morning while the cooking was going on. We scrounged every shotgun we could find...several pumps. That's an old single shot savage I'm carrying. Twin brother carried an old blond stock M-1 Carbine for some reason. Went out to the wild, put the cousins on line - the two of us walking behind like drill sergeants - and walked 400 yards up a stream bottom opening.

A 30lb gobbler got up and flew down the line at 30 yards. about 7 shots were fired, all 8 shot and they just rattled off his feathers. At the last minute as the Turkey disappeared across the stream, brother snap shot the carbine at about 125 yards - Special Forces had been teaching the technique - and dropped the Turkey. Actually, it wasn't that difficult a shot - but he made it out to be. Legal? I have no idea...but to this day the cousins think that was a great event.

Last edited by Argo44; 02/22/19 01:39 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch