Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....you'll likely find more shooters in lower classifications versus higher ones. Which means they possess lesser skills . . . maybe just as "serious"....

....I do shoot all winter, which requires some degree of "seriousness" if you happen to live in northern WI.

And I don't think I've ever seen anyone change their FRONT hand position between shots at pairs (I know that I don't) due to shooting a DT gun....

It's not a big deal Larry.

I mentioned the 'winner' as the yardstick to pin down how I was using the term "serious". I wasn't thinking about lower classification seriousness, though clearly through scoring, there is a difference, right?

You mentioned pump guns. Have you ever shot a double with one without moving your front hand? I one hundred percent take your word that you are a serious shooter, but you were the one that had the story about not getting off a second shot because you didn't know the gloves you chose were inappropriate. Maybe, you weren't serious enough to win on that day, or maybe you weighed the value of the fun of being there.

Remington 1100's aside, you previously mentioned it was impossible to not get off a second shot on DT gun as long as you can squeeze a finger in? C'mon Larry, if I'm not mistaken, you've given out advise about getting DT's serviced. Think about it Larry, us fellows that don't get out much, sit around and read stuff from the gun writers.

I appreciate the follow up comments, but weren't you making a point about competion shooting choices not mirroring side by sides and double triggers?