The original Rain-X contained acidified isopropynol. I've read that the newer version also contains some silicone. I don't think I want either one near my gun stocks. I recall seeing a formula to make a home made version of Rain-X that involved mixing about a teaspoon of either sulphuric or nitric acid with a pint of isopropanol. This wasn't the watered down version you put in your windshield washer reservoir. It was to be wiped on and then buffed off. I think I'll stay with using Rain-X strictly on my windshield.

I've had good luck with Johnson's Paste Wax on my gun stocks, and it sheds water even after hunting all day in steady rain. But this Laurel Mountain Perma Wax sounds interesting. Like jOe says, Laurel Mountain has a full line of gun care and refinishing products, and I have used their Permalyn stock finish. I think jOe mentioned that Johnson's Paste Wax has a stronger smell a few days ago, and might spook some game animals. I don't think the wax smell is near as noticeable as Hoppes No. 9, and have no idea if deer like the smell of the Hoppes as much as I do. I still have about a quart of the old nitrobenzene formula which smells like pure heaven.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.