Good post, Stan-- I'm not gonna, at age 77, take up skeet again (or even SC events) let alone buy a used .410-- But I did break a few 25's at the Quantico Trap and Skeet range back in the 1960's-I was an E-6, and the NCOIC of the armory, checking in and out the shotguns to base personnel- so as a "bonus" I got to shoot a few free rounds- "function testing" the shotguns- mostly M12's and Rem M11's with Cutts comps- (we used the filter tops broken off from cigarettes for"earplugs".

But I am wondering, how do you view the station 8- I believe the late Nash Buckingham considered that a form of "trick shot"he said something akin to this: "Any quail shot at that close range would be pulped, and wasted for the table."

Today, as you may have surmised, my favorite "practice target awing is/are feral pigeons. I've been watching the Dave Carrie shooting videos- on U-tube--If I had my wish- I'd like to try their field decoying shoots for wood pigeons, jackdalls, and crows- with George Digweed as my "coach""

Wonder if he'd let me shoot my "pet" M12 12 ga. I probably couldn't afford a Perrazi, as he shoots. Foxey

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..