June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (GMCS, Wild Skies, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 450 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,573
Posts546,476
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell,

How many ducks have you shot in the last 2 years ??

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only a few, but taken just so!
On your own place, your not so heavy handed.
Just so, is what counts.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 08/22/07 10:26 PM.

Originally Posted By: Dennis Wolfe
Lowell,

How many ducks have you shot in the last 2 years ??

Dennis: a gentleman doesn't ask such questions. It's not about actually shooting ducks - it's all about nostalgia gear and 'proper' style.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Steve: My thoughts were on the ruffs, but a sharptail grouse, or Prairie Chicken as people in the plains states call them is certainly a good way to spend September 15th. What do you folks call true Prairie Chickens?

Chi-town, The Nebraska Game Commission refers to them in the aggregate as "Prairie Grouse." The Sharptails are located in the western part of the state, with a few Greater Prairie Chickens mixed in. Here in SE Nebr. there is a remnant population of GPC's that are locally referred to as "Chickens." If you ever wanted to see just how big your dog will run, this is the place to find out.

sv

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't wait to get back to Manitoba for ruffed, sharps, and spruce all in the same habitat. Sure wish they would start a woodcock season. Here I have broods of pheasants in my yard, garden, road ditches, cropfields and pastures, but the dummies can wait till I can hunt them in the snow. Seven days till doves open though and my old Sauer Model 8 will be smokin' Plenty of local sharps and gray partridge here, and the ponds are loaded with young ducks.

Chicago Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Steve: Thanks for clearing up the Plains State nomenclature. When I used to hunt pheasant in South Dakota everyone there refered to sharptails as Praire Chickens. When I asked them what they called Prairie Chickens they all gave me a funny look and said Prairie Chickens.

Of course depending on where you live many call the ruffed grouse "Pa-tridge".

Hal: Do you, or did you, use a guide service in Manitoba?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chicago, what do old west Michigan grouse hunters call ruffed grouse?

Chicago Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Erik: Pretty much Pats when I was growing up, now I would say grouse is more prevalent, at least among the circle of friends I hunt with. As you know if you ask some locals about grouse hunting they give you a funny look, but ask them about Pats and you gain some level of credibility.

And your part of the state?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maloney, those are some damn good reasons for it all.
Now add a few ducks in the mix, days in the blind and good dogs.
...and a great gun of course....why ol'boy you've got yourself a hobby.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Erik: Pretty much Pats when I was growing up, now I would say grouse is more prevalent, at least among the circle of friends I hunt with. As you know if you ask some locals about grouse hunting they give you a funny look, but ask them about Pats and you gain some level of credibility.

And your part of the state?
Well done, PATS it is. Or are.

St. Joseph to Cross Village. We lived on the shore from '58 to '85. I still have property there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.