June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
8 members (graybeardtmm3, bushveld, eeb, 3 invisible), 197 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,467
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an invitation to shoot with my son near Thomasville, GA; which area I have never hunted so don't know what to expect. I plan to shoot my special order 12-bore Grade O Syracuse gun using the Polywad 7/8oz vintager load (and I may also take my Syracuse hammer gun). I shot this gun several years ago with good results; but I've shot so little recently that I am deliberatley expecting nothing so that I won't be deceived. The high light for me will be spending an afternoon with my son; until he grew up and "life happened" we were best huntin' buds, nowadays we don't have many opportunities so the day will be special regardless of the heat or failure by the birds to cooperate. My personal best wishes to all of you; may you all have a great day with lots of birds!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its been so hot in Bama that I do not think we will have a good hunt this year, that being said, I am taking my ruger 28ga 0/U and my Dehaan 28ga.s/s. Plus I will bring some cigars and friends along in case we need to take up some time! And yes I have been shooting 5-stand getting prepared.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will be standing behind my grandson (without my shotgun) on the Jr. Dove hunt here in AZ. Temperatures will be over 100 by 8 AM so I hope he runs out of shells before then. Last year he got 1 whitewing with 50 shots (I limit on his shells so I can get home before being totally fried.) It was a lot of fun watching him shoot his Miroku Daly SxS 20ga on dove for the first time. He will do much better this year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My dad is coming out to join me and my two youngest sons. Trying hard to get my oldest son to fly out as well. We will have a 75 year age spread in hunters and three generations in the same field for what I suspect will be the last time.

Gun line up looks like this for opening day. Dad will be using the Fox 16 A grade I gave him, I will be shooting a 20A grade, middle son will be using a 20 Sterlingworth , youngest son will be using a 20 Sterlingworth with a stock that has been shortened to lepracon size. If my oldest son comes he will get to choose from any Fox that I own that is left. I intend to make opening day a Fox affair. Second day is going to be a Lefever day for me.

We also will be having a pig feast the Labor Day shoot for the rest of my friends, about 40 if turnout is as good as last year. This will be the last year that I get to shoot my farm and I will miss the birds, hunters, family, food and good lies. Next year another fellow will own it and a tradition will end unless I find another farm to buy and plant for doves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kevin

What part of PA are you in?

Mark
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chux, you shooting at Wayne's??? You going to shoot the popcorn fields this year? I would love to get together sometime and check out the Dehaan.

Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ol'KY, why are you selling?
I must admitt the thought has crossed my mind also, only my son has any real interest in it.
Maybe in five years I'll put it up for sale - civilization is knocking at the door.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Subgauge
Kevin

What part of PA are you in?

I live in Chester Co. About 45 minutes west of Phila.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys who want to hunt dove..........come over to my house and bring your pellet guns. No hunting license needed and I can guarantee your limit within an hour or so. My dog will retrieve them and bring them into the house. By the time you get one cleaned, more will be back. Thinning them out will help to keep them off of my deck all winter and pooping all over the place.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I was antagonized by the little buggers last night while shooting trap. We had multiple pairs and small groups come in directly over the trap house.....resist....resist....arrrrhhhhgggg!!

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.