Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I learn something(s) new almost every day. A friend from boyhood got a used Win M24- 20 gauge, 28" barrels about the same time my father gave me his M12-20 gauge. I still have that shotgun, and he has his M24. But I never knew WRA offered that double in .410 bore- I believe at one time WRA had a break-action single barrel in .410, and of course, the M42 pump, which I think they offered first in about 1933. Often called "the baby M12!

Thanks for posting this. I tried to look it up and I couldn't find any evidence that Winchester ever made the model 24 in 410. So I think you have corrected a "memory" of mine that is incorrect.

To be honest, I have just assumed it was a model 24, and I have assumed that for decades. It was certainly a sxs .410 with DT, and I remember that the man who owned it wanted the outrageous price of $40 for it because it was a Winchester. The gun was not in very good condition in 1963 and I don't think it could have possibly been a model 21.

I was 9 years old when I used it and have no memory of actually noting the model number, but I did get to handle the gun again sometime in the 70s. The owner at that time told me his father had owned it before the neighbor and he would never sell it. But I thought I remembered verifying that day that it was a Winchester.

I think my memory must be flawed, and the gun must have been of some other make. Thanks for correcting me.