Originally Posted By: Walter C. Snyder
The quote from Dave/Ryman Dog Guy is totally incorrect!! None of it has a grain of true fact within it.

Since we're vetting truthfulness here, would anyone care to comment upon the veracity of this one?

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

Or how about this?

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I believe what Levin says about the Second was in the the Founders' minds. The pity is they didn't write it down. They wanted to protect the states from federal interference, for sure. But the country is still wrangling with the Second to the point that courts are allowing various levels to regulate from popular vote.

And which is more harmful to us... Dave's wild stories, or King's anti-2nd Amendment propaganda?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.