Originally Posted By: canvasback
Robert could be prickly but I interacted with him a bunch on the old DarneUSA forum and always found him to be polite and a fountain of information. I never had a problem with him.

And I think his information was pretty good. At least on the subjects I covered with him...primarily French guns.

Thank you canvasback for your kind words...most DarneUSA readers know that I won't post anything without empirical or written evidence to back it up (if need be)...Emil Flues was quoted in a depression era newspaper about the high cost of the golden gun to the people of Ethiopia...A picture of that article is posted at the Iroquois Arms Collectors website (though not complete text) in an article "Best Friend of the Hunter" see( https://sites.google.com/a/iroquoisarmscollectors.org/iroquoisarmscollectors/home/emil-flues-buffalo ) ...Selassie passed through Buffalo many times on his way to Oberlin College in Ohio (to visit his boys I assume) yet some would have everyone thinking it's some urban myth..

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 07/10/18 08:29 PM.