battle, thanks for positive response...will pm you when pics are up on gunbroker listing, which should be early next week...busy time for me right now... running around new england and new york state picking up consignments from old friends and some new ones...

picked up 12 ga win 21 today, skeet grade, with two sets of vent ribbed barrels, in a&f trunk case...very nice, used condition, with non winchester pad...but, cody letter included, says gun was restocked at factory, with customer supplied pad fitted...how cool is dat?

one of the joys of my hobby gun dealer bidness, is finding guns, that at first glance, the reaction is...oh too bad about the non factory alterations...but then to find out, that it is a rare and documented custom order feature or factory alteration...

like, had a 20 gauge vhe last year that had a blued receiver...serial number 242xxx, 1942 production...first reaction from the parker afficiados...cant be factory work...story from consigner...item was ordered in late 41 as wedding present by future father in law of bride to be...these folks lived in denver...seems like father in law to be was friend of remington factory rep for area...so, as favor, rep had gun specially built to custom order specs...appartently case colors were not appreciated, so request was to just harden and blue receiver...cant prove story, but consigner is not gun guy, and had no reason to make up fib...this is the kind of stuff that makes my day...

Last edited by ed good; 06/21/18 02:54 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...