Originally Posted By: wyobirds
I don't agree with your definition of old school. I shoot a 16 Ga.side lock SxS with double triggers, a straight grip and splinter fore end. That's what I consider "old school."

Would agree with this definition a little more than what you described Jon.

And I used to grab a gun, either a Wingmaster 12 gauge or a Win M12 in 16, throw on whatever gear I scrounged over the years and go hunting, no dog. Ducks, geese, sharp tails, huns or ruffs. Same two guns and same gear.....maybe some waders if it was ducks. Hell, most of the time I didnt even bother with a gun sleeve.

Then I got a Llewelyn setter. Then I got another one. Then my wife at the time bought me an upland jacket from Orvis. Then I discovered double guns. Now its all SxS all the time, shooting over setters, scouring websites for the perfect gear. And while the guns arent all straight stocked, best guns, they arent hardware store guns either. Double triggers, splinter forends and barrels like my eyes with nothing younger than 80 years old. I call that old school

Same as my view of cars and sailboats......besides working right, no reason they shouldnt be beautiful as well.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/13/18 09:14 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia